Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when did you?

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:12 PM
  • 9 Replies
When did you or are you planning to potty train you child? My 5 year old was hard to get potty trained.. But my one year old wants to sit on the potty an be like sissy. Do you think its to soon????
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mama-smurf
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:14 PM
My son potty trained at 3. Dd is 2 and. Ill wait til 3. I have very stubborn kids.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
expectantmom81
by Erin on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:54 PM
My oldest was trained shortly after 3 and my youngest is 20 months now and not actually training but asks to pee and has peed once on the potty. I personally think that it is too soon to expect full training but it can't hurt to keep the potty out and available for use just in case. Anything is possible :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:24 PM
My oldest is 5 and still has accidents. My second was 3 and it took a month for him to be accident free during the day. Doesn't hurt to try:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Salem2012
by Anais on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:30 PM

I plan to start at 18 months...right now he is 12 months.

mrs.pina
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:35 PM
My oldest was potty trained on her own, she just one day took off her pamper and dragged one of the kitchen chair so she could sit on the toilet she was 2 and i can honestly say she hasn't had any accidents she is now 3. My 2 yr old doesn't seem to have any interest in being potty trained right now, so i will let him decide when he is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:51 AM

My two year old is nearly completely trained. He just wears a diaper at night. At thirteen months, he would pee in his diaper, then rip it off when he was finished and throw it across the room! Lol! : ) Potty training him was easy. He even pees standing up, when given a chance. : ) I don't think one year is too early, if the child is interested. Just keep it informal and just put baby on the potty regularly. : ) 

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:58 AM
I've been doing it since my dd was 15 months. She's 20 months now and will tell me when she has to pee or has just peed. I take her and sit her on the potty upon waking up in the morning (since she usually stays dry at night), and after her nap. Im not rushing her but following her lead.

My ods was about 4 when he was day trained and 7 for night. My yds was 2.5 for day and night.
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Mar. 10, 2013 at 4:11 AM

Mine were all PT'd by age 2:

Lexie was 16mos
Kiki was 18mos
Sarah was 19mos 

Alexis Emma 10-13-1999 - 13 years old
Kirsten Leslie 03-14-2004 - 8 years old
Sarah Mackenzie 08-14-2007 - 5 years old
Charlotte Amelia & Harmon David 04-12-2012 - 11 months old
Angela Victoria 06-09-1996 - 16 years old (niece) 

Raeann11
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:55 AM

I don't potty train. I wait for signs of them being ready and follow there lead. With both my first two. We thought they were ready and they were not. So back to diapers. Then the second time they wanted to. They were ready. Both my girls were 3 years and some months old.

My 2 year old likes to sit on the potty from time to time. So we let her. But she is no where ready for me to just take her diaper away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)