Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

blankets over baby's head?

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:42 PM
  • 10 Replies
Monica is actually a toddler but she likes to have a blacket over her head while she is sleeping. if i take it off she will wake up and scream.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lauratupper
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Does it matter what blanket it is? maybe you can get her a very light small blanket so she won't get tangled in it.

kirstina
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:51 PM
She will only do it with her sisters small (toddler bed size) hello kirtty blanket. But thats the blanket she wants everynight. Its become her blanket.

Quoting lauratupper:

Does it matter what blanket it is? maybe you can get her a very light small blanket so she won't get tangled in it.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by Christa on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:32 PM
That's how my oldest was. And my 13 month old has to have hers covering her face while we are putting her to sleep when I lay her down I move it.
lovely_latta421
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:20 PM

My son is three months old and loves to sleep with a blanket on his head, but not on his face, thankfully. We make sure to only do it when we are with him and awake. Nice to know that it probably won't go away. haha.

lillucky8
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:22 PM
If she isnt attached to a particular one you could make or get a knitted or crocheted one so its holey and you know she can breathe safely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirstina
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:42 PM
she has be come attached to her sisters hello kitty blanket. its fuzzy but not thick like our other fuzzies.

Quoting lillucky8:

If she isnt attached to a particular one you could make or get a knitted or crocheted one so its holey and you know she can breathe safely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nstroble
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:14 AM

My son was like that since 4 months old. He grabs the blanket and pulls it over his head. After he falls asleep I take it and pull it down. I know it sounds awful because you're "not supposed to" let them have a blanket especially as young as my son was.. but as long as he has the ability to move his head after realizing there is something inhibiting his breathing he is ok.

jamiebell
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:27 PM
My now 5 y/o does the same thing with his blankie and has since he was a baby. When he was in a crib he'd ask to "hide" and we would take his choochoo comforter and make it like a tent over his crib. He wouldn't go to sleep w/o us doing that lol. Now he uses his blankie to "hide" and covers up with it. Must be a comfort thing.
PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:23 PM

My daughter and I both sleep with the blankets up over our heads.  I do it to keep the breeze from the ac (over head vent) blowing on my face and she does it to keep warm in the winter.

kirstina
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 3:33 PM
I cant stand things covering my face.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

My daughter and I both sleep with the blankets up over our heads.  I do it to keep the breeze from the ac (over head vent) blowing on my face and she does it to keep warm in the winter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)