Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should I start feeding my son babyfood

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:40 PM
  • 95 Replies
1 mom liked this
my son just turned 3 months march 3rd. he drinks between 6 to 8ozs every four hours. when he goes to bed hr usually sleeps about 6 to 8hrs at a time. i have gave him baby food before with no milk behind. and i have gave him milk and babyfood. he only ate about 2ozs when he ate babyfood.... he is a supported sitter like the stage on babyfood says. i am a first time mom. i want the best for him. please if ur going to talk nasty please dont comment
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinmama411
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Maybe try the baby cereal or oatmeal first? You can mix it with formula. I would keep it simple for another month or two, their bellies upset easy at that age and you want to make sure he is getting enough formula.

stephysworld21
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:57 PM
i have been giving him rice cereal since he was two weeks old
937mrsweaver
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:01 PM

def not he is too young! talk to your doc.. he may not b hungry every time your feeding him try giving him a pacifier or play with him to pre occupy him and what u say he is drinking is perfect! and he is sleeping great! why do u see a problem with this?  he sounds great feed him milk only! please dont give this lil baby food yet he isnt ready yet and his lil tummy isnt either.. u can maybe try a lil cereal or oatmeal at 4-5 months but never before then if you have any questions feel free to msg me

937mrsweaver
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this

did your doc tell u to? why would you do that?

Quoting stephysworld21:

i have been giving him rice cereal since he was two weeks old

LAH2x
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:04 PM

I had heard that 4 months is the bare minimum, but it is best to wait as close to 6 months as possible. So DD1 was 5.5 months before I caved and gave her some, DD2 was 6 months when she started. I skip the cereals and started with veggies, then fruit. Within a month of offering purees she was also having finger food.

sissy852
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:09 PM
Not until 6 months. That is what the ped doctors say
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stephysworld21
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:14 PM
my doctor said its fine
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Elizabeth on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:17 PM
2 moms liked this
Your doctor is extremely uneducated if he ok's rice cereal for a newborn and baby food for a 3 month old. So to answer your question, no I don't think you should feed your 3 month old baby food.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirstina
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this
he shouldnt be eating any food until 6 months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blapier
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Cereal is junk. Baby is NOT able to digest it properly. They say 6 months, can sit unsupported, and they lose their tongue thrust. I'd wait mama.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)