Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So, my youngest is 12 months. I told myself when she was younger, I would make the decision if we had a third baby, when she was a year. (Not now, just, in the future, if this was a possibility, y'know?)

Now at a year, I'm STILL unsure. I love how closeknit the four of us are (DH and I, DD1 and DD2)...I love going on outings together, the fact that there's one parent per kid, etc.

So my question is, moms to 3+ children, what are some perks to having more kids? I know my love would grow with another. I'm just wondering how family dynamic works with 3 or more!

by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Replies (11-20):
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Honestly three is a challenge. My first two are 16 months apart and they were 4 and almost 3 when my third came. They are now 5.5, 4, and 18 months now.

It's hard to split my attention three ways plus manage the household. I love my kids though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MalakbelLacuna
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Well the transition to three from two was much easier then one to two. My two oldest love each other and are awesome with the baby. I guess the major perk would be the possibilty of more grandkids lool- probably sounds silly but I really want to be a grandma one day.
Taking them somewhere by myself is a piece of cake. Abigail rides in her mei tai everywhere and when she wants to nurse I just move my shirt out of the way. she is no hassle. My oldest is almost seven and for the msot part she is great when we go somewhere and keeps her four year old brother in line. shes a bit bossy but he listens to her- its weird lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyOK
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 2:54 PM

I have 3. My oldest son will be 6 in little bit, middle son little over 4 and my daughter is 19 months. I feel like our family now is complete. I do catch myself thinking about another baby....but having 3 is a lot of work already. My dh works A LOT so I  feel like a single mother sometimes. So 3 will be just fine with me :) It 's pretty hard not going to lie. My boys have some medical issues(food allergies) that does affect our lives. And outings are rare unless daddy is around. But I would not change a thing. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 5:18 PM

I had 3 in 3 years, so I nursed through my pregnancies lol. My 4th was born when my youngest was 2.5 years old - and I nursed until I was 7 months pregnant with her as well.

I have never dealt with middle child syndrome, and I guess I technically have two of them lol. I make sure to have alone time with each child, and my husband does too. I take my girls to Starbucks, and my son loves to go to the book store. We do lots of walks and park trips as a family and nobody gets left out.

Quoting robibuni:

See, if we had anymore, it'll just be the third. My mom doesn't want me to give my YDD the "middle child" syndrome...but if we had another, it'll be a while since I'm still nursing YDD anyhow! So I dunno :/ I know that my two girls love having each other, so I know a third would only add to that love and enjoyment.

Quoting Randi02:

My fourth baby is six weeks old. I love having four kids.
They are all so different and watching them interact is incredible. I love that they have other siblings to play with and confide in. They are best friends :)

abra
by Abra on Mar. 12, 2013 at 5:23 PM
I have 4 and love every minute! They are 7, 4, 2 and 11 months old. They play together a lot, are always learning to share, they keep me busy which is great! If you have a stable, happy home to offer your children, I would definitely have more. The more kids I had, the more my love and laughter multiplied! I would still have more but my body called it quits.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 12, 2013 at 9:25 PM
2 moms liked this

I have 4 kid's. No regrets ever. I love, LOVE it. But I'm a firm believer, that you know in your heart when it's time to add to your family. When my 4th baby was born, I felt in my heart a sense of completeness.

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 9:31 PM
I have 3 kids, hubby is hardly home thanks to army, my kids are 8, 3, and 6months. I do my errands while DD is at school. She is a huge help when i need her to be. I dont ask her to. I beleive she needs to be a kid first. But everytine army sends daddy awAy she volunteers to help. She is amazing.
kirstina
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 10:24 PM
i have 3. my oldest just turned 6 last month and the baby is 16 months. i dont think having 3 is a big challenge. i can take all of mine out witghout any problems. my older 2 know to stay with me and if its a really busy place they hold hands and i hold one of their hands. my 4 and 6 year old play together a lot. the baby is starting to play with them but she in that everyhting is mine stage. i am not worried about middle child thing just make sure she the middle child gets attention and is treated fairly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2my2boys
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 10:39 PM
i have a 7 yr old ds....a 4yr ds & a 21month dd....going from 2 to 3 was CRAZY! and at times still is......I love my kids even though my 3rd wasnt planned ( i was on the pill) and she is a girl she fits right in her brother adore her, protect her and love her but at times just like any sibling they get anoyed....she plays cars with them and wrestles with them and they play dolls with her....its cute but mad juggling 3 kids and a house is hard....I was working but took a break from it for a while dh work schedule is crazy......I just need a mommie night out, havnt had one in 8years!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I have 4 between 1 and 7. It can be a bit of a zoo around here, lol. But mostly I love it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)