Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Early Riser / Closed Door Anxiety

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:31 AM
  • 5 Replies

This is a two part inquirey

First

I have an 18 1/2 month old, she is a very good and easy going baby. Her normal schedule is bedtime 8pm and usually wakes up anywhere from 7-7:30am. This is so great for my husband and I, because this gives us a chance to get up and ready for work. She is just getting over a major cold which has screwed up her sleeping habit anyways; but is finally back to her normal self except now she is waking up around 4:30-5am. Then she gets up this early then she doesn't let me put her down or go out of her sight. Any suggestion on how to get her back on her normal sleep??

Second - 

Now my daughter is a pretty independent little girl, but she has this thing about you going in a room and shutting the door. You can go outside and leave her inside but go in a room in the house and she can't come watch out a fit is about to be thrown. This especially happens when we try to use the bathroom. The only time I really shut the door so she can't come in is when I'm in the shower. She will sit out side the door and scream until I come out. I will clarify she is not left completely alone, my husband or someone else is always on the same side of the door as her, and it's not just me that she does this too. I can be on the same side of the door and my husband can be in the other room. It breaks my heart to hear her scream and get so upset. Please help us through this stage.

by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lauratupper
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:23 PM

bump!

SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Have you tried bringing her into your bed and laying down with her when she wakes up too early?  

Also... you're a mother now.  The days of doing anything alone are over!   :)   I always pee with the bathroom door open... as well as shower.   Does the door need to be closed for any specific reason?   I'm sure it's just a phase and she'll get over it... but for me it's a pick your battles situation.  

boshs1andonly
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:43 PM

DD is the same way (about closing the door), if she's getting ready to have a nap, she doesn't care if i leave but as soon as I try to close the door she starts screaming. So I just leave it open, there's a gate up anyway. 

finallyamommy18
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Yeah we usually bring her in when it's that early, but she only lays down for a couple minutes and then she start messing around. She also wants us to get up and play.

I understand the picking battles and I usually always leave the door open, but the problem is when showering she pulls the curtain out of the tube and the entire bathroom gets wet, and she still screams. But I understand where you coming from.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Have you tried bringing her into your bed and laying down with her when she wakes up too early?  

Also... you're a mother now.  The days of doing anything alone are over!   :)   I always pee with the bathroom door open... as well as shower.   Does the door need to be closed for any specific reason?   I'm sure it's just a phase and she'll get over it... but for me it's a pick your battles situation.  

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 7:55 PM
This is what I was thinking as well. I do the same.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)