Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

grandparents charging to babysit?

Posted by   + Show Post

do u think they should?

my mom charges us and i kinda think its B.S b/c i raised my brother was robbed of my childhood and didnt get paid!!! she says how much she loves her time with him so why charge me? doesnt she remember the hell she put me thru?!?!

by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Replies (11-20):
KayelynnsMama
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:01 AM
1 mom liked this

My mom begs to babysit so she can spend time with her granddaughter.

jessicaaris
by Jessica on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:23 AM
2 moms liked this

My mom would never charge me but I would be happy to pay her if she would accept it. She helps us a lot watching the kids and I sometimes feel like I should pay her but she would never ever accept or even ask about it. We have a very close knit family though so we all help eachother out when we can.

expectantmom81
by Erin on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:27 AM
I never have to pay my parents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
birdiemom
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:30 AM
I think it depends on the situation. My MIL watches DS every few weeks for about an hour while DH and I go out to dinner by ourselves. We have never given her money.
If he went there daily instead of daycare, I would probably be paying her something, just not as much as regular daycare costs.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rbailey2414
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Yikes, no. Unless it was what she did for a living full time!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paigesmommy78
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Idk I feel family should help family but if it's everyday and ur taking them over there and they r feeding them then could see at least paying for food
AutymsMommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Why would you leave your child with someone obviously irresponsible?

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

bubbbaNbabygirl
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I guess it's up to them. my mom is awesome and never would charge, but then again i don't have her watch them every day... she actually is usually the one to ask for them! If she were a normal everyday kind of sitter, i would prob feel the need to pay her something

adwarfstar
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:11 AM

that's shit.

blapier
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:02 AM
If it's daily then yes they should get paid. Once in awhile to go on a date or something then no.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)