Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

He is standing on his own!

Posted by   + Show Post

Liam started standing up today! He is so proud of himself! He is growing up wayyyy to fast for me!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Replies (21-30):
Cheyennesmommy4
by Christina on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:03 PM

How Cute.

gcstar42
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Just curious but why not on their feet until 9 months? My youngest was walking (or more like running) by 9 months and taking steps at around 7-8 months and had been pulling up on things at about 6 months. This was all her doing and not mine. She was my 3rd and I already was trying to keep up with a 3 yr old and 2 yr old so I was not wanting to rush it lol.

Quoting StellarCaterp:

What a great photo!  I run an online guide for parents about how babies learn skilled movement.  I teach parents that it is important not to rush the child to stand and not to put them in standing.  I explain to parents that they are not ready to be on their feet until at least about 9 months.  Your baby is standing just beautifully! His feet are well positioned under his hips, his spine is aligned very well, and the table is just the right height for him to use.  He will learn to cruise easily with this table.  Congratulations!  You might enjoy reading some of my articles on cruising:

http://stellarcaterpillar.com/category/baby-motor-skill-development-cruising/

expectantmom81
by Erin on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Awwww
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Awwww!!

StellarCaterp
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:28 PM

it is always difficult to be absolute when defining when they should do an acitivty.  Some babies crawl by 4 1/2 months and others by 10 months., etc.  I say "9 months" because that is the average that I see.   It can be fine if it is sooner.  I often see smaller babies achieveing milestones sooner than bigger babies.  Sometimes personality can be a factor.  The important detail is that they have time on their hands and knees crawling before standing and that they are not being put on their feet too soon.  What you said is important, that you allowed it to happen.  I congratulate you for that!  Today so many babies get put on their feet too soon in exersaucers and jumpers, so I often emphasize the wait time.  They have the rest of their lives to walk on their feet.

DixieL
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations! He is adorable. My son is twenty seven. They grow up very fast. Have fun with him everyday of his life, because every part of his life will fly by.

auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:09 PM
My 14 month is pulling up to his knees n he will be 15 month old on Thurs n every fri he has a therpy comeing out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Yay!

abra
by Abra on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:47 PM

That's great! Ophelia (my oldest) didn't start crawling until after she was 12 months and didn't start walking until 18 months. She's  7 years old now and all caught up. :)

Quoting auntangelofsix:

My 14 month is pulling up to his knees n he will be 15 month old on Thurs n every fri he has a therpy comeing out.

.....Ophelia Grace...............Mira Lorne...............Jude Bennett.........Liam Daniel Baines.

pittymama
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this

cutie patootie! melody is almost 10 months old and just started pulling up last week. too quick, i must agree!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)