Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

vacation bedtime?

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:03 PM
  • 20 Replies
how do you get your toddler or older baby to bed while on vacation?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KamillesMommy
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:09 PM

We haven't been on vacation with my 17 month old yet but when we my oldest was a baby/toddler & we were on vacation i just put her in her pack n play and gave her blanket & lovey to her. She would eventually fall asleep.

matofour
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Usually mine are so tired on vacation they just fall asleep.
For us, on vacation all rules are out the window. We stay up late, and thankfully my kids will sleep late too (even as infants).
My kids usually get on a sleep until 9-10 in te morning schedule, with late bed times.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kirstina
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:24 PM
thats what we do at home but so far she screamed the last 2 night and agian tonight when i tried that.

Quoting KamillesMommy:

We haven't been on vacation with my 17 month old yet but when we my oldest was a baby/toddler & we were on vacation i just put her in her pack n play and gave her blanket & lovey to her. She would eventually fall asleep.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:24 PM
They still jave the same bed time as at home, and we are normally so busy during the day, they just crash
kirstina
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:27 PM
my 17 month old gets to grumpy. we arent going to bed on time. friday it was 12:30 when we go to the hotel and she had slept from 9pm untikl we go there and then was up until 3:30. then last night it was around 10:30 when i started trying to get her to sleep because she was super grumpy. it took 45 minutes of fighting to get her to nurse to sleep.

Quoting matofour:

Usually mine are so tired on vacation they just fall asleep.

For us, on vacation all rules are out the window. We stay up late, and thankfully my kids will sleep late too (even as infants).

My kids usually get on a sleep until 9-10 in te morning schedule, with late bed times.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
expectantmom81
by Erin on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:36 PM
The same way I do at home. We have a camper so the boys have their own beds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:48 PM
No bedtime on vacation. But last time we were on vacation we were so busy that she was worn out and fell asleep before nornal bed time every night - and extra naps!
angela.bouchard
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:53 PM

I usually turn all the lights off and sit with him so he gets comfortable in an unfamiliar place. Then when he starts getting comfortable/tired I'll lay him down like usual.

JoeyJrsMomma
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:02 AM

I have never had an issue getting them to go to sleep on vacation. I just put them to bed and say goodnight and they go to sleep. They are usually so worn out from the day's activities that they are ready to sleep.

Megan11587
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Idk my 1 yo doesnt have a bed time
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN