Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

so fusterated

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:10 PM
  • 10 Replies
Dds refusing to eat. Its been 4 hours and 30 minutes since her last feeding. I tried holding her head on my breast to force her to eat but she won't take it. My bf gave her paci behind my back and she wants it. Ughh.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Could she be sick?

mama-smurf
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:13 PM
No. She wants pacifier. Shes been crying for 2 hours now for it. Its been 5 half hrs sice she last ate

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Could she be sick?

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:13 PM

I'm sure she'll eat when she gets hungry. How old is she?

mama-smurf
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:20 PM
7 weeks.

Quoting Turtledoves:

I'm sure she'll eat when she gets hungry. How old is she?

Radellia
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:22 PM
My son did this during one of his first couple days (right after first intro of the paci...) we were still in the hospital at the time so we got help from the lactation consultant... Ultimately we ended up just having to cry it out at the breast. I'd pretty much shove my nipple in his mouth, try to manually express some (colostrum at thr time) so that he could taste it in his mouth. Eventually he ate... It was really hard got both of us though (he kept screaming, I was really upset...)

Just don't give up!
mama-smurf
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:26 PM
I tried expressing milk but she still won't take it :(

Quoting Radellia:

My son did this during one of his first couple days (right after first intro of the paci...) we were still in the hospital at the time so we got help from the lactation consultant... Ultimately we ended up just having to cry it out at the breast. I'd pretty much shove my nipple in his mouth, try to manually express some (colostrum at thr time) so that he could taste it in his mouth. Eventually he ate... It was really hard got both of us though (he kept screaming, I was really upset...)

Just don't give up!

Radellia
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Just keep trying... It's going to suck for both of you... Also, try swaddling her? My son screamed for a couple hours straight a couple weeks ago, he was too upset to eat and overtired. After I swaddled him, it calmed him down just enough for him to eat...

Expressing it into her mouth correct? Sometimes it'll help my son latch when I spray him in the mouth... It's kinda like "hey, over here! See there really is milk in there!"

Quoting mama-smurf:

Quoting Radellia:

Just don't give up!

mama-smurf
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:49 PM
She hates being swaddled. Yup I tried it. Shes trying to swallow hee hands. Shoving her fist in her mouth. 6 hrs 15 , minutes now. Ugh..

Quoting Radellia:

Just keep trying... It's going to suck for both of you... Also, try swaddling her? My son screamed for a couple hours straight a couple weeks ago, he was too upset to eat and overtired. After I swaddled him, it calmed him down just enough for him to eat...

Expressing it into her mouth correct? Sometimes it'll help my son latch when I spray him in the mouth... It's kinda like "hey, over here! See there really is milk in there!"

Quoting mama-smurf:

Quoting Radellia:

Just don't give up!

mama-smurf
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:00 PM
I got her to nurse. Before I expressed milk she was laying on her side, well, I laid her on her back and she immediately took it. Idk why she didn't take it before. Why I had to express milk in order for her to take it?
Radellia
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Quoting mama-smurf:

I got her to nurse. Before I expressed milk she was laying on her side, well, I laid her on her back and she immediately took it. Idk why she didn't take it before. Why I had to express milk in order for her to take it?

Yay! Good for you for sticking to it! It may have just been a weird day, having the paci may have screwed her up a little but I'm sure you'll be able to get back on track!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)