Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

advice, please *edited*

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:09 PM
  • 12 Replies
So, I have a two month old. She's a good baby. No big major problems, but she does have hydronephrosis.

Anyways, she had some type of blue color on her tongue. Anyone have an idea of what it could be?

Well, there isn't much to update. Because her tongue was almost completely back to it's normal color, the doctor said he couldn't tell me anything about it.

The great news is, tho, that my daughter is cleared of having reflux and is able to stop her antibiotics on Friday night. This mom right here is happy as shit! Thanks to those of yu who replied
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyofSCC
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry I haven't the slightest clue.  So here is a bump for you.

lauratupper
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:28 AM

How long has she had the blue on her tongue? It could be that her cells aren't getting enough oxygen causing the blue color or because of the hydronephrosis causing an electrolyte imbalance which can cause the tongue to turn a blueish color. But there are other things that could cause it. I would make an appointment and have it check out to find out for sure though.

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Quoting MommyofSCC:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsVolle0904
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:45 PM
She's only had it since yesterday. Before that, it was normal. It doesn't seem to hurt. We are going to the doctor tomorrow
abra
by Abra on Mar. 19, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Good luck! 

Quoting MommyofSCC:

.....Ophelia Grace...............Mira Lorne...............Jude Bennett.........Liam Daniel Baines.

937mrsweaver
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:21 PM

i would call your doc ASAP

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Quoting larissalarie:

Quoting MommyofSCC:

lauratupper
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Well hopefully the doctor can figure out what is going on. Good luck!

Quoting MrsVolle0904:

She's only had it since yesterday. Before that, it was normal. It doesn't seem to hurt. We are going to the doctor tomorrow

Ninjabubble
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:42 PM
I agree with this. DS wasn't getting enough oxygen to his lower half and his legs and feet were blueish purple.

Quoting lauratupper:

How long has she had the blue on her tongue? It could be that her cells aren't getting enough oxygen causing the blue color or because of the hydronephrosis causing an electrolyte imbalance which can cause the tongue to turn a blueish color. But there are other things that could cause it. I would make an appointment and have it check out to find out for sure though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aimhawk
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:50 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)