Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Baby with stuffy nose...pls help!!!

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:01 AM
  • 9 Replies
Dd is almost 13 months old now, & for the last 2 nights (we've been up since 2 am & I now got her back to sleep @ 4:45) she has not been able to sleep well due to a stuffy nose. She still takes a paci so I know it's really hard on her. I've been using saline spray & suctioning what I can, but I'm not getting all of it. It's still clear-white looking mucous (sorry TMI). I know it's probably from her trying to cut her top teeth &/or allergies. Is there any advice on how to help her? I always try to go with the non-medicated way first, but I'm desperate for both of us to get rest! Please any advice/tips!

~oh, & I'll add that she's not completely stuffy...she's def got some drainage.
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Ashcarter22
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:32 AM
Dr always told me cool mist vaporizor helps with coughs and stuffiness.
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Steam shower before bed, saline & suction, humidifier in the bedroom, kid sized breathe right...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauratupper
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Quoting larissalarie:

Steam shower before bed, saline & suction, humidifier in the bedroom, kid sized breathe right...

erikays
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Steam showers, saline drops and suction, That's What I've always done. Hope it helps!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by Abra on Mar. 19, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Its good that it is clear and not color mucous (which indicates an infection). 

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Quoting lauratupper:

Quoting larissalarie:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommyhonu
by Mary on Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:56 PM

agreed!

Quoting lauratupper:

Quoting larissalarie:

XOXOnBubbles
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Get a good nasal aspirator.  I know is sounds gross... but the ones that use your lung power work the best.  I love my BabyComfyNose Nasal Aspirator and my friend loves her Nosefrida.  (They have a filter so you do not have to worry about accidentally sucking up baby snot.  LOL)  These do a much better job than the bulb syringe aspirators! 

I use this, to suck out as much as I can.  Then flush her out with saline solution.  I spray it in there several times, until she starts to swallow.  Gross I know... but this is what her pediatrician recommended when we were trying to clear up a sinus infection.  I then rub some Vicks vapo rub on her, and have a humidifier going in her room when she sleeps. 

I am dealing with a stuffy nose due to teething right now, and am currently doing all of these plus Children's Motrin at night just so we can both get some sleep.  *sigh* 

Good luck! 

Loralismommy224
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:36 AM
Quoting XOXOnBubbles:

Get a good nasal aspirator.  I know is sounds gross... but the ones that use your lung power work the best.  I love my BabyComfyNose Nasal Aspirator and my friend loves her Nosefrida.  (They have a filter so you do not have to worry about accidentally sucking up baby snot.  LOL)  These do a much better job than the bulb syringe aspirators! 

I use this, to suck out as much as I can.  Then flush her out with saline solution.  I spray it in there several times, until she starts to swallow.  Gross I know... but this is what her pediatrician recommended when we were trying to clear up a sinus infection.  I then rub some Vicks vapo rub on her, and have a humidifier going in her room when she sleeps. 

I am dealing with a stuffy nose due to teething right now, and am currently doing all of these plus Children's Motrin at night just so we can both get some sleep.  *sigh* 

Good luck! 

Thank you & good luck to you too!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)