Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone have a face up/sunny side up baby?

Posted by   + Show Post
My DD, who is 16 months Thursday, came out face up. She broke her collarbone and they said it was bc of her positioning coming out. My labor was the worst expierence! I could not get into any position that felt okay, I had the worst back labor and everytime I had a contraction I felt like I had to push. When it was time to actually push I pushed for 2+ hours. It was just awful.

Well just found out this baby, due March 31 but pretty sure he's coming any day now, is also face up! I'm so scared. They said do a lot of rocking on hands and knees, especially in early labor. I've also heard some people say it wasn't that bad of an expierence (laboring/delivering a Face up baby) and some say it was the worst. So any tips!? What helped during labor? Any babies turn right before going into labor or while in labor? Thanks mamas!
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Replies (11-19):
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 5:02 PM
My 2nd was . I pushed for 30 minutes and he was out. I didn't have an epidural though and he tore me . I had 23 stitches.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kameka
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 5:09 PM
My first was face up, my second was to the side (she was face up but I was able to turn her a bit during labor), my third face down. 1st was 2 1/2 hours of pushing (episiotomy, 6 stitches), 2nd was about 15 minutes (1st degree tear, 1 stitch), 3rd was 5 minutes pushing (no tears, no stitches).
Try looking up spinningbabies.com :)
babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 5:47 PM
My first was he was 10lbs 13.6 oz and he had his hand by his face it was pure hell!
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:44 PM
No I did not
auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Bump
erikays
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:09 AM
This is me but with my first.

Quoting Wantn1more:

My 4th was. I ended up with an emergency c section because she wouldn't drop and her heart was decelerating really bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emkirkley
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:15 AM

spinningbabies.com has good exercises for this (like hands and knees to encourage better positioning), I did this with both my second and third after a foreceps delivery with my first who was sunny side up.

jessicaaris
by Jessica on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:59 PM
My kids were not face up. My son was in that position in late term but he switched thank goodness.
Salem2012
by Anais on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:03 PM

I had a c section so BUMP

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)