Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

when (or how) did you know.... *EDIT IN BLUE*

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:34 PM
  • 14 Replies

that your LO was ready for a toddler bed? many friends of mine with kids around her age have already started putting them in toddler beds. i know every mom and baby are different but i just wanted to see what other moms have done. my dd is 20 months, has slept in her own room from 7 months old and slept through the night since about 2 months old. but honestly i don't know how she would react if all of a sudden we took away that one side of her crib. what did you do to transition your toddler? how old were they?

let me ask another question, did any of you have problems with your LO wanting to just get right back out of bed and play? if so did you do anything special to break them of that? my dd has a ball tent, a bookshelf and a few other toys in her room so i'm thinking that may be an issue.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abra
by Abra on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:38 PM

When they started climbing out of the crib but it was a different age for each of my kids ranging from 1 1/2 to 2 years old. 

tarakay0417
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:46 PM
When ds #1 was about 2 yrs old he climbed out of his crib, that day I got a toddler bed. He went with me to get his "big boy" bed and picked out his sheets and comforter. That made the transition easier than what I had intially thought it would be.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alandou
by April on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Our dd was fine in her crib until she started to outgrow it. She got too long and she flops around at night and was hitting her arms and legs on the slats. We transitioned around 2.5 years old.

lauratupper
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:20 PM

I moved ds the same day he climbed out of his crib. He was almost 2 years old.

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:40 PM

My DD is 20 months old. She has a side carred crib right now that's only three sides. She has no problem sleeping in there, she doesn't nurse through the night anymore, and she's not afraid to sleep alone. I think she'd be ready for a toddler bed but we haven't gone through the trouble of buying a mattress and setting up the bed.

angela.bouchard
by Angela on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:40 PM

I tried it a few months before his 2nd birthday and he wasn't ready.. tried again after his birthday and still wasn't. We ended up switching at 2.5.

pinkiebabii
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:41 PM
I'm getting DS a toddler bed when he can climb out of my bed without falling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:43 PM

My oldest was around 21 months. She was trying to climb out her crib so we changed her took off the side and changed it to the toddler bed.

My second was 22/23 months and trying to climb out. So again we did the same things.

My third was 25 months and asked to sleep in sisters bed. So we thought we will try it and see how she does. We put up the bed rail and she has not been back since that night.

silence68shh
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:28 PM

both of my kids were about 15 months 

abra
by Abra on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Edit update: yes. I baby proofed their room and put all the toys in the closet at bedtime. You may need to just do some serious babyproofing in that room. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)