Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Do you.....

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:14 PM
  • 17 Replies
Do you brush your 13 month olds teeth?
Or do you still do the wash cloth thing?
If you do brush what kinds of toothbrushes do you use and do you use toothpaste?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cabrandy03
by Brandy on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Yes, we started using a tooth brush for dd as soon as her first tooth was completly in.  I use a very tiny bit of toddler tooth paste on a toddler sized tooth brush.  Now that she's a little older and does most of the brushing herself she has a toddler sized electric tooth brush.

babygomez
by April on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Yes. We start using a stage 1 toothbrush when the first tooth surfaces, and junior toothpaste starting at 12 months old.
Raeann11
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:37 PM

We just do a tooth brush and start showing them how to do it. I don't do tooth pasta till they can and know to spit it out. So we work on that too.

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Yes. We started on the baby tooth paste around 18 months old.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Yes, I brush her teeth

expectantmom81
by Erin on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:11 PM
You should as soon as they have teeth. I buy the baby brush with the baby tooth paste. They also should start seeing the dentist once they have teeth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Dd didn't get her first tooth until 14 months old, bit once she got it we started brushing. She has fluoride-free, safe to swallow "training" toothpaste and toddler toothbrushes (she's 2 now). Some days she really doesn't want to use a toothbrush (she's upper lip tied which makes it painful to brush top teeth), so I'll use a wash cloth to do her teeth when that happens.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicaaris
by Jessica on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:29 PM
My kids have regular toothbrushes but they are older (youngest is 2).
angela.bouchard
by Angela on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Yes I brushed my sons teeth at 13 months. I use regular kids tooth brushes and the junior tooth paste.

kss12
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:13 AM
See when I called our pediatric dentist she told me to clean his teeth with a wash cloth until he was 18 months.. Which is when his first dental appointment should be. She said never use a tooth brush before 18 months.. But like with everything else to do with babies and parenting, it's a contradiction! Ahh! Now I'm late on brushing his teeth!

Quoting expectantmom81:

You should as soon as they have teeth. I buy the baby brush with the baby tooth paste. They also should start seeing the dentist once they have teeth.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)