Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 4 month old hates his car seat!

My son use to love car rides but now he hates his car seat. It only bothers him in the car. It's pure torture for him. He. Rise, scream, sweats, and turns red! Has anyone else had this problem? He's a little over 4 months.

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Replies (31-40):
KittyTussand
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

My daughter hated being in the car from the day she was born until she turned 1 1/2 then we turned her seat around and faced her forward she stopped crying after that.  but for a year and half she would scream bloody murder from the minute she was buckled until she was out.  we tried so many things.  we eventually just had to use ear plugs and hope for the best.  Now she is 2 1/2 and loves to ride in the car (especially if she knows were going to grandmas)

bellabelle74
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:05 PM

My five month old son has hated the car seat since week 2 of him being born, and it does not make for fun trips because we travel a lot. I, do sit in the back of the car with him and give him a bottle. That helps most of the time, but once we have done all of that and it doesn't help, we turn the music up to try to drown him out and then, oddly enough, he quiets done. I don't know if he is getting the hint or what! lol! Good luck with your little one.

Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:18 PM

My 4 month old has always hated the infant carrier.  Last month I broke down and bought her the Britax Advocate.  She loves it and rarely makes a peep in the car anymore.  You might want to consider a convertible.  My first never had a problem in her infant carrier, so I don't think it's just a phase.  Some babies hate them.

twogirl91
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Are the straps too tight?

rennez
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:57 PM
One of my twins did this too. It was torture!

Quoting YzmaRocks:

My oldest hated it too. He screamed and screamed for over a year. It was awful but he did eventually outgrow it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rosiecheeks309
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:11 PM

So did my little one, I finally switched her to a convertible seat and it has been much better! 

momma2b2008
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:16 PM
My youngest is 16 months old and has hated her carseat since she was about 2 months old. We tried everything, a different car seat, moving her next to her sister, a fan over her, me sitting in the back with her, bringing it in the house to let her play with it. Everything and nothing has worked. :-/

I feel your pain!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mel0dy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:34 PM

My DD hated hers as well and sometimes even now at 16 months she hates it. We sing to her while driving in the car and that seems to help ALOT 

kellysparkles
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:46 PM

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!!!!

My DD is only 11 weeks, though.  We live in southern VA and our family is in western NY...we're seriously thinking of not going home to visit this year (they haven't even met our DD yet) because of how much she hates the car. 

We've tried everything; mirrors, singing, talking, me sitting next to her playing with her, an iPod with music, movies, games, etc.  Nothing works :'(

AmiJanell
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Switch to a convertible seat... he might like it more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)