Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

what's wrong with my baby? piog

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:12 PM
  • 4 Replies

Eugene is just shy of seven months old. Wehave breastfed beautifully since birth, done solids (which he loves) for about a month. 

When he was born, he wasn't a spitter at all. Overtime, beginning at around two months, he started spitting just a little. It gradually increased so at four ish months he needed to wear a bib all the time and that bib needed to be swapped two or threee times a day just to keep him dry. Now, at seven months, I feel like he can't keep anything down and it is starting to worry me. Seriously, after about every second or third feeding, he projectile vomits what looks like double what he just ate. I'm worried. 

The doctor mentioned at his last checkup that he was slightly off his growth curve but we didn't worry since he breastfeeds. I have never mentioned his spitting to her cause I don't want him drugged and I wasn't worried before. Well now I'm starting to worry. What is wrong with him? An allergy? Something else? What can I do to figure this out? Please help. My instincts say this is something more than just the stomach flu. What do I do first?

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Maybe he doesn't get all the air bubbles out when he gets burped.

You said he is off the growth chart. Are they using the chart from WHO or the old one from the CDC? If he was EBF, they should be using the WHO chart.

What was his birth weight, lowest weight and all other weights? How many diapers does he go through per day?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Do you burp him? (burping helped my DD)

abra
by Abra on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:45 PM

It could be a lot of things. Allergies, teething, he might just not be ready to try solids yet. 

lauratupper
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Have you tired elminating common alleriery foods from your diet? such as dairy or wheat?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN