Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help!! Horrible diaper rash!! (PIOG)

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:05 PM
  • 5 Replies
We usually use cloth w my 13 month old ds. I am on day 2 of a 6 day trip out of town and I bought ShopKo brand disposable diapers to "make things easier" for me. This was my first mistake.

My poor baby:( his whole butt and genital area is red and almost purple in some places!!! I have tried Desitin and Anti-Monkey Butt powder to no avail. Short of buying cloth while down here (I skowered Craigslist for a good deal but didnt find anything that was even remotely cost effective) what can I do? I feel so bad for my little guy.

Thanks for your help!!
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
bmom7210
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Burt's bees
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Are you still using the disposables? Most disposable diapers have latex in them so your baby could have a latex sensitivity. 

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Switch brands. He may be reacting to something froma certain brand and get the sensitive baby wipes . Dd couldn't wear Huggies amd broke out in a nasty rash but she could wear Pampers just fine.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Switch brands and try Burt's bees
DragonMother10
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:15 AM
It could be a fungus, my son had it, but it never got purple. It looked like a bad rash, you can use antifungal cream. If that doesn't work, talk to his pediatrician to get a prescription ointment.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)