Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Showering with Parents

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:53 PM
  • 19 Replies
Well weve gotten to the point where its easier to put my daughter in the shower with us some days my question is what rules or precautions do you take when showering with you child?
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cabrandy03
by Brandy on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Dd showers with me most of the time.  I usually just give her a few cups and a small tub so she can fill them with water and play and let her rubber duckies float.  Really the only safety percaution we had to take was putting some no slip grip stuff on the bottom of the shower so she can't slip and fall.

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 3:39 PM
I haven't ever showered with my child so heres a bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
iansmommy9
by Natasha on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:08 PM

He started showering with DH before he turned 2. We were thinking of doing a cruise right after his 2nd b-day so we wanted him to be accustomed to showering.

I guess the only rule we have is he has to stay in the shower unless I'm there to take him out and dry him off. We just don't want him climbing in and out of hte shower and be wet and unattended in the bathroom.

KeiraRose
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Pssh I bring my daughter in the shower with me everyday and she loves it lol. The only rule we have is we both have to be in the bathroom when she's in the shower with me. I wash her and daddy towels her off and get's her dressed.

CafeMom Tickers
bebe_ju-rah
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Don't drop him. Lol I showered most of the time when dd was a baby and now I shower with 9.week old ds. Its just easier!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SarineLewis
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Dh and I bring our son in all the time. We usually hold him the whole time. Only rule I can think of is to hold tight. Little kids are slippery!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Eliots_momma
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:34 PM
I bring my ds in the shower sometimes. He sits in the tub part and plays with toys while I wash my hair. When I'm done I pick him up and wash him off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:37 PM
Dd started showering with me once she had really good balance on her feet which was around 11-12months. She's 2 now and we still shower together. She brings any water-friendly toys she wants in there with us and has a ball. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Same, with all three.

Quoting Turtledoves:

I haven't ever showered with my child so heres a bump

jessicaaris
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:22 AM

I am not sure, I have never bathed with my kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)