Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Huge baby?

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:01 PM
  • 38 Replies
So my son is 6 months old & will be 7 on april 1st. He got weighed & measured last monday & was 21lbs & 26inches. Im just wondering if he is an unusually large baby or if its even slightly normal. We had him in Kansas City last weekend and compared to other kids he was huge, he was bigger than a one year old. He's not chubby, he only eats 7oz five times a day & he doesn't have much for solids. Anyone else have a large baby? Do they eventually slow down? Is this normal?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PEEK05
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:02 PM

He is a big baby, but almost all babies slow down after turning 1 and learning to walk. :)

twogirl91
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:04 PM

My son was EBF and he was 22lbs at 6 months old. He's 9.5 months old still breastfeed (He only eats 5oz every 3-4 hours) and he's 25lbs now, he's just a big chunky guy! He's doing everything on time and healthy. 

DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:04 PM
How big are you and his dad if your both tall and large build he probably will be to.
twogirl91
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Oh and my 2.5 year old is 30lbs only 5lbs bigger than my 9.5months old. LOL

Ninjabubble
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:06 PM
My 11 month old is only 21lbs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littleapple65
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Thanks for your reply, it freaks me out some that he's so big. My husband is an average height & weight while I'm a tiny 100lb 5'4 person. We do have tall family members but it just surprises me at how big he is.
Soccersb110
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:06 PM
My son is 7.5 mo old and also a big baby everyone think he between 10-12 mo old he was just weighed the other day and was 24lbs and 29in but his daddy 6'3.....baby always been Bigger than the other babies his age but he not super chunky either just thick lol.....I'm not worried though I know he will thin out when he is older and running around right now he crawling and standing but not walking yet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
slransde
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:07 PM
I'm a horrible judge... My 18 month is 21 lbs, but I know he is tiny. So all kids seems big to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemybabies31
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:09 PM
I had my dd she weighed 9lb 80z born. I have a photo of her at 5 months old with her 3yr old brother sat behind her and you can hardly see him. She is now 10yrs old and wears age 12-13yr old clothes and is very tall compared to her friends. She does carry a little extra weight but not anything to be concerned about. But if you are really concerned take him for a check up.
twogirl91
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:12 PM

My husband is 5'6" and 125lbs and I'm 5'4", but both we were both chunky babies when we were little and thinned out after we were a year old. Especially if you are breastfeeding you shouldn't worry about weight at all.

Quoting littleapple65:

Thanks for your reply, it freaks me out some that he's so big. My husband is an average height & weight while I'm a tiny 100lb 5'4 person. We do have tall family members but it just surprises me at how big he is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)