Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

stop! or keep going?

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:04 PM
  • 24 Replies
Ok ladies, this might sound silly, but im torn. I know I still have some time to decide, but the question came up between my husband and I the other night about whether or not we wanted more children, because depending on our choice depends on how seriously we have to take the birth control. We both decided that we dont want any more than two, but now I cant decide if I even want another child. I have a beautiful little girl, she is my angel, and I feel like I dont need another kid because she is perfect. Then again...i would really like to have another so she Isnt lonely and we can be that typical big happy family, ya know? If anyone is wondering...i am an only child and my hubby has 2 brothers. We both liked and hated certain things about it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raeann11
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:30 PM

This is only something the two of you can decide together.

SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Do you think you will ever regret not having another? I can guarentee that you won't regret another child, but i think you need to ask yourself if you'll regret not having another down the road.
fortressmom
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:34 PM

If you're having to ask yourself if you want another, I would not shut the door on it at all. We thought we were done after 3, but have recently had our 4th. He fit so perfectly into our family that neither one of us can imagine if we'd stopped. My heart never felt like we were done.

expectantmom81
by Erin on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:34 PM
This but I will say I have two boys 3 years apart and it is amazing to see them playing together :-)

Quoting Raeann11:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:33 PM
If you're unsure, then don't have another yet. Go on serious birth control until you decide otherwise.
angela.bouchard
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:59 AM

I wonder the same thing, my son is 2.5. I don't think we are going to have another anytime soon though. I have high anxiety and I don't think I could handle it. 

Raeann11
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:07 AM

I with you on that. But I have three girls that are 3 years apart and hoping soon we will be able to add a new little one to the family.

Quoting expectantmom81:

This but I will say I have two boys 3 years apart and it is amazing to see them playing together :-)

Quoting Raeann11:

mandalyn74
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:31 PM

We didn't decide at all.  We just didn't use birth control and figured if it happened it happened.  That is why my kids are 6 years apart.  I got my tubes tied after the second one though.

Monica_0812
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:15 PM

This is a decision only you and your husband can make but i understand where you coming from we recently added a new member to our family it took us four yrs but i have to say we are truly happy. our little family feels complete we have a boy and a girl. at first we only wanted one child but we tought it was selfish on our part to not have a brother/sister for our oldest. we both have brothers and sisters so we know that is very important to have siblings. my advice is to think carefully of the pro and cons and whatever you decided will be the right choice for your family.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 25, 2013 at 5:17 PM

It's a choice only you can make. Make a pros and cons list. Imagine your life with another child in but until you are sure I would take birth control seriously.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN