Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stop! or keep going?

Posted by   + Show Post
Ok ladies, this might sound silly, but im torn. I know I still have some time to decide, but the question came up between my husband and I the other night about whether or not we wanted more children, because depending on our choice depends on how seriously we have to take the birth control. We both decided that we dont want any more than two, but now I cant decide if I even want another child. I have a beautiful little girl, she is my angel, and I feel like I dont need another kid because she is perfect. Then again...i would really like to have another so she Isnt lonely and we can be that typical big happy family, ya know? If anyone is wondering...i am an only child and my hubby has 2 brothers. We both liked and hated certain things about it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Replies (11-20):
karlamousse4
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:08 PM
I never thought about it this way... Of course I could never regret another child, but there IS that possibility if I dont have one I would always regret it. Hmmm, lots to think about it.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Do you think you will ever regret not having another? I can guarentee that you won't regret another child, but i think you need to ask yourself if you'll regret not having another down the road.

karlamousse4
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Thank you. It helps to hear that they all fit in perfectly :) good way of putting that. I just feel like our little family is already so happy, but after hearing this...i know adding another child would only make it better.

Quoting fortressmom:

If you're having to ask yourself if you want another, I would not shut the door on it at all. We thought we were done after 3, but have recently had our 4th. He fit so perfectly into our family that neither one of us can imagine if we'd stopped. My heart never felt like we were done.

karlamousse4
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Im the same way ha ha and now I have anxiety about this! Thats why I was thinking maybe I would stop being so strict about birth control and just see what happens, but then I worry that I will get pregnant again and decide that it want right for my life. I know this sounds so strange to worry so much about it, but im a worry wart ha ha.

Quoting angela.bouchard:

I wonder the same thing, my son is 2.5. I don't think we are going to have another anytime soon though. I have high anxiety and I don't think I could handle it. 

karlamousse4
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:32 PM
I feel like it would be selfish as well to not have more children, because my husband has two siblings and knows how important it is and I always felt like I missed out on that because I was an only child. On the other hand, I liked being able to hang out with friends and then at the end of the day come home and know that I had my alone time, the time my husband wished he had been able to have but never could because he was stuck.sharing a room. Maybe that's what we will do, have more kids BUT...make.sure they have their own rooms for some quiet alone time :)

Quoting Monica_0812:

This is a decision only you and your husband can make but i understand where you coming from we recently added a new member to our family it took us four yrs but i have to say we are truly happy. our little family feels complete we have a boy and a girl. at first we only wanted one child but we tought it was selfish on our part to not have a brother/sister for our oldest. we both have brothers and sisters so we know that is very important to have siblings. my advice is to think carefully of the pro and cons and whatever you decided will be the right choice for your family.

erikays
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:24 AM
It took us about 3.5 yrs to decide (and ttc #2). It was nice having just one child for awhile but i love my boys playing together .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:10 PM

We were undecided about going for #3... and in the end, God/fate decided for us and we got a little surprise.  :)    Now, I am 100% happy and secure in being DONE and it feels good... before, it felt like limbo!

Quoting karlamousse4:

I never thought about it this way... Of course I could never regret another child, but there IS that possibility if I dont have one I would always regret it. Hmmm, lots to think about it.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Do you think you will ever regret not having another? I can guarentee that you won't regret another child, but i think you need to ask yourself if you'll regret not having another down the road.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
kayla912
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Quoting Raeann11:

This is only something the two of you can decide together.

So true me and my SO have bben at odds about this because he wants more and im fine with one

littlecheifsmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:58 PM

it took us 6 yrs and we have two boys who compleate our world.  we are done. plus the baby has a heart condition and he almost  didnt make it. so we agreed not to test fate on any more children, cause ds2 path has been the hardest yet most rewarding at the same time. ds1 was so good but he hurt him so much to watch his brother go through all his surgeries, the lil brother he waited 5 yrs for. . op in the end u and ur dh need to talk about it, if u can decided then wait. and talk about it again in 6 months 

mommyhonu
by Mary on Mar. 27, 2013 at 4:49 PM

agreed

Quoting la_bella_vita:

It's a choice only you can make. Make a pros and cons list. Imagine your life with another child in but until you are sure I would take birth control seriously.

sarahsmommy508
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Im in the same boat! Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)