Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stop! or keep going?

Posted by   + Show Post
Ok ladies, this might sound silly, but im torn. I know I still have some time to decide, but the question came up between my husband and I the other night about whether or not we wanted more children, because depending on our choice depends on how seriously we have to take the birth control. We both decided that we dont want any more than two, but now I cant decide if I even want another child. I have a beautiful little girl, she is my angel, and I feel like I dont need another kid because she is perfect. Then again...i would really like to have another so she Isnt lonely and we can be that typical big happy family, ya know? If anyone is wondering...i am an only child and my hubby has 2 brothers. We both liked and hated certain things about it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Replies (21-24):
jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Only YOU can decide that.  I personally would never only have one child.  For many reasons.  The biggest reason though, is that when my DH and I do pass away, I do not want my kids to have no one left.  I have a friend that is an only child and her mom just passed away this last Oct. and she is just beyond lost.  She has NO idea what to do with herself, doesn't know how to cope.  She's in therapy for it, but I can't help but think that if she had a sibling that was going through this with her, that she'd be better off.  

sunshinepraying
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:52 PM
How old is your daughter? I know I didn't want more when my son was a toddler, but once he was a little older, we decided we did want another
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Honeybee1981
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:59 AM
It took us a while to decide to have another. Our 1st was four and a half when our second was born. But I have no complaints with the age difference. Kat loves her little sister and she gets to help out with so much!
So my point is you will know when your ready, but don't have another just to have another.
twogirl91
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:11 AM

It's up to you, but I have two little boys they are 17months apart, my oldest is 2 and my youngest is 9.5months old and they play together soooo well. They are already best friends and don't want to ever be apart, it's the sweetest thing and they can entertain each other while I get things done around the house. It was hard having them that close together in the beginning, but I'm so glad I did now and I'm so glad I had two kids. We always said we wanted 4, but i feel really content with two. If we do have anymore it will probably be later down the road when my youngest is 4 or 5.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)