Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What was the biggest challenge?

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:02 PM
  • 30 Replies

When your beautiful/handsome newborn came what was your biggest challenge. 

babies

by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abra
by Abra on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Balancing being mom with being a wife. :-)

.....Ophelia Grace...............Mira Lorne...............Jude Bennett.........Liam Daniel Baines.

lauratupper
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:25 PM

feeding, ds was born with a cleft palate.

JTnJT
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:30 PM

The challenges varied with each.  With my first, my biggest challenge was my own self doubt.  Could I, would I be a good mom?  Was I doing everything right?  What if I did this or that wrong?  I worried myself into a major funk. 

With my second, the challenge for me was, balancing the things that need to be attend too with a newborn, and keeping my ODD from feeling like I was neglecting her in exchange for the new baby.  Then, 8 wks after she was born, I found out I was pregnant with my son.  It was challenging towards the end, with my ever expanding belly,  being able to carry my YDD.  She was a chunk, and it was difficult there towards the end, just to pick her up.

With my son, I once again faced the challenge of doing what I needed to do for my newborn, while balancing the needs of my two girls.   I think that has been my biggest challenge, making sure everyone gets their "mama time", and just keeping track of it all.  I hold such great admiration for mothers who handle 3, 4, 5, 6, or more with out going crazy!!

pittymama
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:56 AM

everything came fairly easy for us. the hardest part was adjusting to having her, my husband and my dogs all needing me at once.

alandou
by April on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:10 AM

dealing with PPD

MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:12 AM

learning to do things one handed because I was either pumping or trying to dom something while still holding the baby.

MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:13 AM

potty training was the second hardest!

Zazayam
by Nicki on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:16 AM

With my first... Doubt. I was young and terrified, lol.

Second... Knowing I had to go back to work soon, and balancing that.

Third... Relearning everything, and feeling stupid when I ask questions about things I know I've dealt with before. I feel like a first timer all over again, 9yr break is a long time, lol.

liss05
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Nursing & lactose intolerant

CelestialSong
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Figuring out how to handle a super high needs baby. I had never known a baby like her before, plus I had very little experience with babies at all, and I was just so overwhelmed and bewildered. I spent many late nights on Google trying to figure out what was wrong with my baby or what I was doing wrong as a mom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)