Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

What was the biggest challenge?

Posted by   + Show Post

When your beautiful/handsome newborn came what was your biggest challenge. 

babies

by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Replies (11-20):
Spring.Mom
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:35 PM

That is my fear... I have been around babies of course but not for a long period of time. Plus I am a huge worrier. I know I will always be second guessing myself.

Figuring out how to handle a super high needs baby. I had never known a baby like her before, plus I had very little experience with babies at all, and I was just so overwhelmed and bewildered. I spent many late nights on Google trying to figure out what was wrong with my baby or what I was doing wrong as a mom.

jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:00 PM

OH boy well I had to learn everything. From how to hold her, to changing to breast feeding. I thought I would have some kind of maternal instinct, but I don't! It took me at least a month to understand my baby!

Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Both times breastfeeding. Getting it established and figuring out what is normal.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
liamsmommy930
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:17 PM

breastfeeding.  I had a c section. It took 5 days for my milk to come in.  Baby would scream and scream.  I felt aweful.  When it did come in I was so engorged baby couldn't latch. :/  I wish I had tried for longer but it got to a point I felt like I was failing so I started formula.  My daughter is happy and healthy, but I wish i had had more support .

the.warden
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Ds was hospitalized 3 days after birth and was there 2 months. My biggest challenges were trying to be there for him, trying to heal, and trying to maintain a relationship with DH. He was home for work while I was at the children's hospital 6 hours away.
LavenderMom23
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Just the sheer time commitment (attachment parenting) and breastfeed every two hours. I never put my newborns down, I'll pass them onto a family member and cosleep.
angela.bouchard
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Life in the NICU.

Spring.Mom
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:29 PM
That would be hard. Kudos to you for making it through!

Quoting the.warden:

Ds was hospitalized 3 days after birth and was there 2 months. My biggest challenges were trying to be there for him, trying to heal, and trying to maintain a relationship with DH. He was home for work while I was at the children's hospital 6 hours away.

jwkaye
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:31 PM
PPD
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyofSCC
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Just getting used to being a mom.  It came pretty naturally for me.  But I was very overwhelmed for a long time with my dogs and my husband.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN