Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

When to progress to other foods other than plain baby food...

Posted by   + Show Post

Hello. I am a first time mom and I am trying to figure out what to feed my 8 month old son and when. I have been breastfeeding him since he was born and plan to continue until he is a year old. Right now he east solids 3 times a day; breakfast is baby oatmeal with some kind of baby fruit mixed into it, lunch is baby oatmeal with baby veggies mixed into it and dinner is baby meats, half a jar of veggies and half to a whole (depending on how hungry he is) jar of fruit. Sometimes at lunch I do give him a rice cup to eat while I get his food ready and he also uses a mesh teether with either chunks of bananas or frozen blueberries and he loves it! I have also started trying to get him to use a sippy cup, not very successful yet but we keep trying, lol. Oh yeah, he does not have any teeth yet, not even a hint of one!

It may sound silly but I don't want him to get bored with meal time because he gets the same food over and over again! So I am trying to get some ideas of what I can give him at this age. What do you give your little ones (with or without any teeth)?

Thanks!

by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Replies (11-13):
Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 5:53 PM

We don't use baby food or any type of cereal/oatmeal.  We give baby what we're having after 6 months.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Bethbeth
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:20 PM

they don't need teeth for most foods. they can gum pieces of meat, cheese, fruits and veggies. The sooner they are feeding themselves the better!

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:38 PM

I did baby food with my first 2 but with my last 2 I just gave them soft foods. My kid's have never choked or had any bad reactions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)