Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

diaper rash ... piog

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:56 AM
  • 3 Replies
My sons had a diaper rash,with pimple like blisters for over a wk. Ive tried everything, airing out his butt coconut oil breast milk nothings working. Should i take him to the dr or just keep doing what im doing. Help, suggestions opinions appreciated. Btw we use cloth diapers
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:44 AM

more than likely a yeast infection--go to your local pharmacy and get some Lotrimin AF (the same stuff they use on athlete's foot) and that should clear it up and yes it is pediatrician recommended (at least by mine).  In the future to prevent it, put vaseline on his nether region and booty area and it creates as waterproof (or in this case urine and poop) barrier to protect his skin.

A sitzy bath in warm water and baking soda may also help if it is truly just a diaper rash.  The Lotrimin should clear it up within a few days if it is a yeast infection.  I am sure if you Google yeast infection images, it may confirm it for you.  Good luck!

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:00 PM

I would schedule a doctor's appointment

abra
by Abra on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:04 PM

I agree with this! Good luck!

Quoting MixedCooke:

more than likely a yeast infection--go to your local pharmacy and get some Lotrimin AF (the same stuff they use on athlete's foot) and that should clear it up and yes it is pediatrician recommended (at least by mine). 

.....Ophelia Grace...............Mira Lorne...............Jude Bennett.........Liam Daniel Baines.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN