Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Excessive and projectile vomiting due to different formula

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:20 AM
  • 6 Replies

I used to feed my 4 month old Similac Sensitive. I found a generic brand from Sam's Club with the same ingredients, and after talking to my pediatrician switched my baby to the generic brand. He actually does better on it, not as much gas and just overall a more pleasant baby. Well I ran out of the generic brand, and you can only order it online, so I have an order coming to me tomorrow but I ran out of formula today. So I had some of the small pre made Similac Sensitive bottles in the house. We use them if we need to when we go out. I have fed my baby the Similac most of today, and he was spitting up a lot earlier today, and just an hour ago at his bed time feeding, he vomited more than I have ever seen before. It was A LOT and it was clumpy and it shot across the room. Poor guy. He seems OK, but I'm thinking the vomiting has to do with giving him the Similac all day when he is not used to that. Does anyone agree or disagree? Should I call my doctor in the AM?

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Steph1499
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this

My daughter used to projectile vomit on a certain formula and I switched and she was fine. He probably has a tummy ache from the switch but he should be fine once you switch back. I would switch back and then see if there is a difference.  If he still does it then call the doc but Im betting its just a tummy ache. 

sadee456
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Mine was on the orange good start, she couldnt keep it down, i tried similac it did the same thing then i switched to the good start soothe (purple) and shes been great. Its even easy to find coupons for it too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alandou
by April on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:32 AM

Yes, call the doc in the morning.

lauratupper
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Quoting alandou:

Yes, call the doc in the morning.

IrishIz
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

It could be the formula change or it could just be a coincidence and be a tummy bug.  I would wait it out...new formula is coming same day you would call doc.  So keep baby fed and hydrated and see what happens.  

LogansMom1129
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:53 AM

So yesterday morning I got our usual formula and he has been fine ever since. After his morning bottle he was OK, so I delayed on calling the doctor. All is good now! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)