Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Eczema lotion alternative?

Posted by   + Show Post

I don't think our daughter has eczema, but she does have a few rough patches. I've tried all kinds of lotions for severe dryness, but none have cleared up the rough spots until I used Aveeno Eczema lotion. I love that brand and it worked great on her and kept the patches away, but a bottle doesn't last long and it's too expensive. Does anyone know if there is an alternative lotion that works just as well? Or any recommendations from someone who has little ones who have similar issues?

Birthday

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:28 AM
Replies (11-20):
ARawlins
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I'm not sure if its ok for little ones, the The BodybShop makes Hemp lotions that work great for eczema. I use it all the time

JLCrunch
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:40 PM

I use their mango or cranberry. It's fantastic!

Quoting ARawlins:

I'm not sure if its ok for little ones, the The BodybShop makes Hemp lotions that work great for eczema. I use it all the time

ARawlins
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:22 PM

I used to be an at home consultant. Their products are amazing!

Quoting JLCrunch:

I use their mango or cranberry. It's fantastic!

Quoting ARawlins:

turttlemom
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:24 PM

My DS has been used Cetaphil body wash and body lotion since birth. It works great on his eczema.

angela.bouchard
by Angela on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:25 PM

I'll have to try the coconut oil myself, but I use the same lotion as you. 

JLCrunch
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:30 PM

This works pretty good as well.

Quoting turttlemom:

My DS has been used Cetaphil body wash and body lotion since birth. It works great on his eczema.

pittymama
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:32 PM

i heard this but never tried it.

Quoting turttlemom:

kbutton24
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Renew lotion by melaleuca. Works wonders without any of the harsh chemicals other lotions have.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
turttlemom
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Yes, it is great, my son really started using it at his 4th bath, since most baby products such as soap, shampoo, baby oil, baby lotion etc gave him or made his eczema worst.

Quoting pittymama:

Quoting turttlemom:

pittymama
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:37 PM

do you just use the basic cetaphil? i only use aveeno but having an alternative would be great

Quoting turttlemom:

Yes, it is great, my son really started using it at his 4th bath, since most baby products such as soap, shampoo, baby oil, baby lotion etc gave him or made his eczema worst.

Quoting pittymama:

Quoting turttlemom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)