Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Eczema lotion alternative?

Posted by   + Show Post

I don't think our daughter has eczema, but she does have a few rough patches. I've tried all kinds of lotions for severe dryness, but none have cleared up the rough spots until I used Aveeno Eczema lotion. I love that brand and it worked great on her and kept the patches away, but a bottle doesn't last long and it's too expensive. Does anyone know if there is an alternative lotion that works just as well? Or any recommendations from someone who has little ones who have similar issues?

Birthday

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:28 AM
Replies (31-38):
jwkaye
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:09 PM
I have ezcema, tried all sorts of stuff and came to this conclusion: Dove soap and Eucerin cream.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
childofgod04
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:08 AM
Coconut oil or Dove sensitive soap. My son has eczema and we used the Aveeno eczema cream but now he has a prescription cream since it was so bad.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
erikays
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:18 AM
I have eczema and a few psoriasis spots, I just use regular hydrocortisone (sp) cream for eczema.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Where do you buy coconut oil?

Quoting USMCWifey2011:

Coconut oil!! It has worked WONDERS on my little guy's eczema! The lotion they gave us they told me could change the pigment of his skin so i went looking for natural things. I would say its at least worth a try for your LO. It tok 2 days for him and his was cracked, flaky and bleeding! It was horrible!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aj_mom
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:03 PM

What kind of soap does she use?

USMCWifey2011
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:46 AM

You can get it on Amazon or at your local grocery store. Iy should be in the baking isle. I buy the organic/raw kind because i find it works better. It looks solid but it melts in your hand. It has been such a blessing! 

Quoting lillucky8:

Quoting USMCWifey2011:

Coconut oil!! It has worked WONDERS on my little guy's eczema! The lotion they gave us they told me could change the pigment of his skin so i went looking for natural things. I would say its at least worth a try for your LO. It tok 2 days for him and his was cracked, flaky and bleeding! It was horrible!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
lillucky8
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Thanks, im going to look tomorrow

Quoting USMCWifey2011:

You can get it on Amazon or at your local grocery store. Iy should be in the baking isle. I buy the organic/raw kind because i find it works better. It looks solid but it melts in your hand. It has been such a blessing! 

Quoting lillucky8:

Quoting USMCWifey2011:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
USMCWifey2011
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:55 AM

No problem! It takes a couple of applications and you wil see a huge change. I put it on in the morning (then depending on how he looks mid afternoon) and before he sleeps/after bath time.

Quoting lillucky8:

Thanks, im going to look tomorrow

Quoting USMCWifey2011:

Quoting lillucky8:

Quoting USMCWifey2011:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)