Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

hair pulling...lord help us.

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:57 AM
  • 13 Replies
My 3 month old has already picked up this habit. Hes been doing it for about a week. Dh cut all his hair off last night and im thinking about doing the same. Lol

How can i break this habit now? I dont think he understands what he is doing but he kees grabbing fistfulls of hair every time i pick him up
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KanPsMommy
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I have a 9 month old and going through this too. I've been bashed incessantly about trying to find advice and apparently I'm the worlds worst mother for it. So if you find something that works please let me know. I've tried the stern no. Distracting her, and moving her away from me and ODD with no luck. 

pittymama
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 11:46 AM

melody has done it since she was 2-3 months old and she still does it (almost 10 months) and i just redirect her hand towards something else. i posted something similar to this asking when babies learn the word NO because she made a good bald spot on my head lol!

tyrelsmom
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Get a short haircut, lol. Not much you can do at that age.
kss12
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Just pull his hand away each time he does it.. He'll learn. My son did this all the time until recently. He is 13 months now. Now he just strokes my hair, it doesn't hurt anymore. I distrscted my LO with spaghetti strap tank tops and a really furry blanket we have.
angela.bouchard
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:31 PM

This, or put your hair up.

Quoting tyrelsmom:

Get a short haircut, lol. Not much you can do at that age.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

“So, I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.” 

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:09 PM

I would just try to keep my hair up, lol

stressrelief27
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:27 AM
I would pull his hand away and look him in the eye and tell him its not OK to pull hair ad that it hurts.
JenniferMiller0
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:17 AM

My son does this same thing! Let me know when you figure out how to stop them. I've tried everything. I've tried saying no, holding his hand, and even pulling his hair a bit to get him to let go. If I pull his hair, he pulls mine harder! I think he thinks it's a contest when I do this to see who can pull whose hair harder. >.>

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:41 PM
I just kept my hair up and didnt have any problems after that. At that age its too young to teach them whu they cant do it or how to be gentle.
Marimaru
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 4:14 PM

I live in a ponytail.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)