Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

sleeping through the night

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:37 AM
  • 45 Replies
My DD, who is nine months,, will not sleep through the night. She wakes up at least three or four times a night. Any suggestions?
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:41 AM
3 moms liked this
They do it when they're ready. She's also at the age where they go through a huge growth spurt, sleep regression, and separation anxiety. Teething and newfound mobility also causes waking. My advice? Hang in there because it's a phase that will pass. I don't do CIO or any of the sleep training crap, so that's all I got. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angevil53
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Neither of mine did til past a year. Dd is 16mo and woke up at midnight last night. I gave her five minutes and she fell back asleep for the rest of the night.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
erikays
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Honestly, they do it when they are tree ready. Do you have a night time routine? My youngest didn't til 18months .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ncohetero
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this
My daughter started sleeping through the night after two months. My son is going to be five months and has not slept through the night once. And I've tried everything. It sucks to hear but it will just happen in time. And when it does you'll hear angels singing
stressrelief27
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:03 AM
Its different from my son LOL he slept all night since the day he was born.
MrS.GiFFord
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:05 AM
I've always wondered about this...did you wake him up to feed him or just let him sleep? I think I would be nervous if a newborn slept all night.

Quoting stressrelief27:

Its different from my son LOL he slept all night since the day he was born.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stressrelief27
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this
The first two weeks I woke him up. And after that I just let him sleep my doctor told me that if he was hungry then he would let me know. And he said never wake a sleeping baby
Mandamom1
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:59 AM

every baby is different and they are going through so many changes right now. But I have found with my LO that the same routine every night works. and If she wakes up then we rock her and try again and sometimes she wakes up and plays for a little bit and then goes back to sleep

Raeann11
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Kids all start to sleep through the night at different times. My first was 6 weeks, second was 2 years old and third was 16 months old. Honestly you need to wait till she is ready.

jessicaaris
by Jessica on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:40 AM
My girls didn't sleep through the night regularly until around 18 months. It was terrible but your DD will get there.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)