Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

I need sleep advice please.

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 4:01 PM
  • 51 Replies

Hi my names Katie I just had a little boy February22,2013 He is a month old and 5 days and he wants to stay up all night or wake up every hour on the hour or every 20 mint the only well he will sleep is if I'm holding him and this has been going on for 2 days. Yes I hold him a lot I cant help it he my little man I love holding him and I have slept with him in bed a couple times only for 2 hours the most and that's mostly in the morning about 7:00am when I'm really tired and I know he will go back to sleep if I put him in bed with me. Do you women have any advice for me? When he does sleep he either sleeps in his swing or bouncer I'm trying to get him to sleep in his crib.

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 4:08 PM
3 moms liked this

Newborns aren't MEANT to sleep alone in their cribs.  They are meant to sleep with mom.  Or as close to mom as they can.  Do you swaddle him?  He likes sleeping in his swing and bouncer because they are nice small/tight spaces.  That's what newborns like.  A crib is too big for a newborn.  It's scary for them.  He has just spent 9 months inside you where he could hear your heartbeat all the time.  Hear your voice, all the time.  He doesn't want to be alone.  And he shouldn't be alone yet.  It's a situation of "you deal with this phase while it's here, until it's time for the next phase".  You just...deal with it.

Mandamom1
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

my dd loved to be in her swing in the beginning to. But we would put her in crib and go in there to comfort her when needed. She got used to her crib and now sleeps through the night

sarahsmommy508
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Just sleep with him, he wants your comfort
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 4:42 PM
2 moms liked this
Newborns arent meant to sleep alone or all night. Its instinctive to sleep with mommy. They and you will sleep best together, not apart.
Jrmommy032213
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 4:44 PM

I don't mean crib its a playpen with a newborn set in it if you know what I mean. I just get no sleep at all and I don't wanna get him use to sleeping with me cause then he will never sleep in his bed ya know?

Quoting jackiewal10:

Newborns aren't MEANT to sleep alone in their cribs.  They are meant to sleep with mom.  Or as close to mom as they can.  Do you swaddle him?  He likes sleeping in his swing and bouncer because they are nice small/tight spaces.  That's what newborns like.  A crib is too big for a newborn.  It's scary for them.  He has just spent 9 months inside you where he could hear your heartbeat all the time.  Hear your voice, all the time.  He doesn't want to be alone.  And he shouldn't be alone yet.  It's a situation of "you deal with this phase while it's here, until it's time for the next phase".  You just...deal with it.

Jrmommy032213
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 4:46 PM

I understand what your saying but I don't want him to get sleeping in my bed then he may never sleep in his bed I need me time sometime ya know and plus I'm scared I might roll on him or forget he there and that freaks me out.

Quoting Turtledoves:

Newborns arent meant to sleep alone or all night. Its instinctive to sleep with mommy. They and you will sleep best together, not apart.

Jrmommy032213
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 4:47 PM

I understand what your saying but I don't want him to get sleeping in my bed then he may never sleep in his bed I need me time sometime ya know and plus I'm scared I might roll on him or forget he there and that freaks me out.

Quoting sarahsmommy508:

jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 4:48 PM

That's not true.  I have co-slept with 2 kids (soon to be 3) and have never had an issue getting them in their own beds when they are ready.  Being tired is part of the mommy "gig".  You get used to it.  

Quoting Jrmommy032213:

I don't mean crib its a playpen with a newborn set in it if you know what I mean. I just get no sleep at all and I don't wanna get him use to sleeping with me cause then he will never sleep in his bed ya know?

Quoting jackiewal10:

sarahsmommy508
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Ya its not for everyone, and I feel ya, I have a 14 mo old dd im trying to t4ansition to her own bed, swaddle him tight, and maybe put something of yours, a shirt next to his bed so he can smell you

Quoting Jrmommy032213:

Quoting sarahsmommy508:

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Cosleeping has a bad rep. I never had a problem transitioning from bed to crib. In fact, it was reslly easy! As they get older, they dont need the security of you with them anymore and they like their own bed.

Theres inbed cosleepers that you can use that wont let you roll on the baby.

Just a suggestion. I never had a bad night of sleep while cosleeping but hellish nights before I coslept. It truly worked wonders and made it easy to form a sleep schedule. Btw, cosleeping doesnt mean you must be in the same bed every minute they are in bed.Once they fall sasleep its easy to sneak out and have you time!

Quoting Jrmommy032213:

Quoting Turtledoves:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN