Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

MY 7 MONTH OLD NEVER WANTS TO BE PUT DOWN! HELP!!!!!

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 5:00 PM
  • 8 Replies

My daughter is 7 months, as you know by the title...she cries hers eyes out. i mean screams like she is being hurt when i put her down...i give her alot of "tummy time" because i want her to crawl, something she isnt doing yet. when on her tummy, she pushes up, i get down there with her so she doesnt give up, but eventually she screams...

Also, in the middle of night she wakes up and REFUSES to be back in her crib....ughhhh. my son was total opposite. please help!!!!!

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mommyhonu
by Mary on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this

hmmm, have you considered baby wearing? as far as the bed time thing I'm not sure what to tell you. as far as tummy time goes, you could lay on your back and let her lay on top of you. or you could try laying her on your lap. Good luck! I hopethat you re abl to find something that works out for you.

lauratupper
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Quoting mommyhonu:

hmmm, have you considered baby wearing? as far as the bed time thing I'm not sure what to tell you. as far as tummy time goes, you could lay on your back and let her lay on top of you. or you could try laying her on your lap. Good luck! I hopethat you re abl to find something that works out for you.

Mandamom1
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Toys in front of them during tummy time help. Baby wearing was a god send when my LO went through that phase
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MalakbelLacuna
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:49 PM
2 moms liked this

cosleep and baby carrier

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Quoting lauratupper:

Quoting mommyhonu:

occumommy
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:20 PM
This

Quoting mommyhonu:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
etsmom
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:33 PM

You have to be stronger than she is. You know she needs to be able to sleep in her crib and she needs to learn to crawl. You have to be able to put her down once in a while. Maybe you could get a baby carrier for when she is particularly fussy but she is old enough to be able to sit for a few minutes. Sit in the same room as her and let her see you sitting. She will soon learn that you will be right there. Put reflective toys and crinkly toys in front her during tummy time. You'll get there. Every baby is different.

jridgill
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:24 PM
It's normal :) sounds like she is a mommys girl. My kid didn't crawl until 8-9 months and they also hated tummy time. My kids were pretty much attached to my boob the first 12 months so I'm not much help there. Lol I had to tell myself every.single.day that it will NOT last forever. Then I repeated it several times throughout the day. They are now 2&4 and while they still love hanging all over me at times they are still very independent little ones.

Good luck
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN