Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My hands are so dry and my skin is cracking open

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:39 PM
  • 39 Replies
And it hurts! I use lotion a lot but it doesn't seem to be enough. I've got several random places where my skin has split because they are so dry. On my fingernails the sides are doing the same thing. It hurts!!! I think I'm going to get me a pair of gloves, lather my hands up with lanolin, and sleep like that!!!

What do you do for dry skin? Anyone else have this problem?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I go out and get a big tube of Neosporin cream (not the ointment) and use it like lotion for a few days/nights.

RADmomma
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Coconut oil!!!
jridgill
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Interesting! I've never tried that. I did the lanolin on my feet and put socks on and it was awesome!!!! So I figure it should work for my hands too. Lol

Quoting jackiewal10:

I go out and get a big tube of Neosporin cream (not the ointment) and use it like lotion for a few days/nights.

stargaze281
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:46 PM
lotions won't help with that. you should use thick creams such as gold bond therapy cream, eucerin cream, try these.
babygomez
by April on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Yep, I do, but I just keep using hand lotion. Lol It gives me temporary relief. :)

mommy06and09
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:49 PM
i went to the doc and got a script for a lotion. good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jridgill
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Yeah I need to buy some. Maybe I'll do the lanolin at night and the creams during the day and hope that helps.

Quoting stargaze281:

lotions won't help with that. you should use thick creams such as gold bond therapy cream, eucerin cream, try these.
jridgill
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:51 PM
They have that? Lol hmm I may have to ask about this!

Quoting mommy06and09:

i went to the doc and got a script for a lotion. good luck!
C8linVilla
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:54 PM

I make and sell Goats milk lotion. Great for exzema as well as acne, dry skin and more. If your interested in trying it out and can pay shipping ill send you some and see how it works? All my items are all natural, goats milk, organic. I make goats milk soap, lotion as well as bees wax lip balm and aluminum free deodorant. Up to you but always looking to help people find ways to deal with dry skin. Shipping would only be $3. and i can send you a 2 ounce bar of soap in baked apple pie scent and Lotion either unscented or in a scent of your choice. 

ghostcat90
by Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:13 AM

I use the Body Cream from Bath and Body Works.  I've had this problem ALL WINTER because I'm handwashing bottles a couple of times a day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)