Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Journal ideas? PIOG

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:03 AM
  • 4 Replies

If you were writing a book or a journal about yourself so that you could leave it behind for your children, what would you put in it? Memories of when you were a kid? Favorite songs & movies? Favorite quotes? Anything goes! Need some ideas. I have started a journal to fill up for if anything happens to me before my daughter gets a chance to really know who I am, she will be able to read the journal I wrote and know me, or just for when she's older, something that she can hang on to and cherish.

So, what would you be sure to include in your journal/book?

Thanks in advance ladies!

by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
alandou
by April on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I would like to do this as well, but I'm horrible at keeping things up to date. For myself, I would probably write down my thoughts for the day, like if my daughter did something that really touched my heart or how proud I am of her for something. All of the things you mentioned are great ideas! I would maybe even put in a few favorite family pics or of just you and her. You might even write down how the family started. How did you and her daddy meet, your thoughts about when you found out you were pregnant, your pregnancy cravings, pregnancy photos, etc. Even though the journal is more about yourself, your daughter becomes a part of you so it's kind of a mother/daughter journal if you know what I mean. I usually read posts about someone wanting to start a journal for their baby, with the main focus on the baby, but I think including yourself is a great idea! There's things I often wonder about my mom and dad but I've never asked. Once you start the journal, the ideas will flow out of your pen and you'll be writing all sorts of things :)

jessicaaris
by Jessica on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this

If I were doing one to leave for my kids I would put different memories in it, things that happened the child wouldn't remember, emotions about different milestones and things that happened with the kids. If any other big events happened like a move or vacation or birth of a sibling, things like that.

lauratupper
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Quoting jessicaaris:

If I were doing one to leave for my kids I would put different memories in it, things that happened the child wouldn't remember, emotions about different milestones and things that happened with the kids. If any other big events happened like a move or vacation or birth of a sibling, things like that.

TigressLily
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 5:26 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)