Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Runny nose from teething

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:33 PM
  • 12 Replies
Hi :) My 11 month old is teething. She has 8 teeth already and a couple weeks ago 1 molar on each side of the bottom started coming through and she's had a runny nose since then. Other than her gums being swollen in those 2 areas, the runny nose is her only symptom, and it's only 1 nostril. Can the runniness be stopped, or do we just keep wiping til her molars break thru? Thanks! :0)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I"m not sure, bump!

abra
by Abra on Apr. 1, 2013 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, poor baby!! The running just has to run its course. We are experiencing the same thing with my almost 1 year old 

mommyhonu
by Mary on Apr. 1, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I agre with Abra. My li guy got a runny nose whenever he was teething. Hope that her tooth comes in soon.

mandapanda82
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I just posted this almost exact same post in my August 2012 babies group! She's 7 mos and just has her 2 bottoms and her upper gums have been swollen and she's been teething definitely. Well this past week she's had such an awfully runny nose. I'm constantly wiping it and she HATES it. So ya, I guess it just has to run its course.:(
jessicaaris
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it will just go away when the teething stops. I don't like medicating my kids if I don't have to, so it seems silly to me to give her medicine for the runny nose when it is not a cold-related symptom, but that is just me.

emkirkley
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I would only attribute the runny nose to teething if it's upper teeth.  as far as a runny nose, no, at this age there is little that can be done with it other than keep wiping it.  As long as it's clear and hasn't been more than 10-14 days consistently then just let it be.

Supermommyof423
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:50 PM
My son is going through the same stuff. He is also really congested. Can't wait for him to get through this. #one tired mama#
Koam
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:21 AM
We've used the vapor bath stuff when she's been congested and it works really well, maybe you can try that for his congestion? We bathe her before bedtime and the vapor bath seems to help her sleep. I'm sorry he's feeling yucky too :/

Quoting Supermommyof423:

My son is going through the same stuff. He is also really congested. Can't wait for him to get through this. #one tired mama#

Supermommyof423
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:14 PM
I am not exactly sure what you are talking about. I do know that the vicks for babies has helped my kids in the past. Just got to get some more.

Quoting Koam:

We've used the vapor bath stuff when she's been congested and it works really well, maybe you can try that for his congestion? We bathe her before bedtime and the vapor bath seems to help her sleep. I'm sorry he's feeling yucky too :/

Quoting Supermommyof423:

Koam
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:48 AM
Johnson's makes a bubble bath called Soothing Vapors, it helps clear their little noses out. It's got eucalyptus in it. It smells really good, non-toxic, and my daughter likes to eat the bubbles lol. It's in a teal bottle. Target has their store brand of it too, works just as well :0)

Quoting Supermommyof423:

I am not exactly sure what you are talking about. I do know that the vicks for babies has helped my kids in the past. Just got to get some more.

Quoting Koam:

Quoting Supermommyof423:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN