Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Is it normal?

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:24 PM
  • 23 Replies
Dd just turned 7 mos and cannot get into the sitting position by herself I have to put her in it. And she also isn't crawling.. Well she just started like dragging her legs and pushing herself around with her arms. . She can roll but doesn't do it often.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abra
by Abra on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Every baby learns at their own pace. It's nothing to worry about!

lauratupper
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Quoting abra:

Every baby learns at their own pace. It's nothing to worry about!

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:44 PM

My baby was a little behind on milestones I wouldn't worry just yet

mandapanda82
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:56 PM
So getting into the sitting position by self is "supposed" to happen by now?cuz I cannot remember how old dd #1 was when she could get into the position by herself

Quoting la_bella_vita:

My baby was a little behind on milestones I wouldn't worry just yet

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Soccersb110
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:03 PM
My son will be 8mo in a few days and he can't/won't get into sitting position either but he can crawl and pull himself to standing position I wouldn't worry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mandamom1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Every baby is different. I wouldnt worry :-)

mandapanda82
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Well he can do all those other things, so that's great I wouldn't worry if I were u either. My dd isn't doing anything really! That's why I'm worried :(

Quoting Soccersb110:

My son will be 8mo in a few days and he can't/won't get into sitting position either but he can crawl and pull himself to standing position I wouldn't worry
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emkirkley
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:08 PM

they should be able to sit by the END of the 7th month (i.e. right before they turn 8 months) and crawling is an END of the 10th month skill (for those charts that still even have crawling on them), as long as she CAN roll I don't see an issue.

Soccersb110
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I still wouldn't worry. Every baby is diff. My son decided to do stuff early but most the other babies I know didn't start sitting, crawling and more til 9-12mo. I know a baby who is 11mo and he is just learning to crawl but can't sit yet and the doctors say he is perfectly ok...good luck

Quoting mandapanda82:

Well he can do all those other things, so that's great I wouldn't worry if I were u either. My dd isn't doing anything really! That's why I'm worried :(

Quoting Soccersb110:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roo1234
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:13 PM

It is within the range.  Don't worry yet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN