Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I use the toilet on a plane when traveling with an infant alone?

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:00 PM
  • 80 Replies

There's no space in those tiny toilets so I'm confused about how to use it and have a baby in there too.

This is a long-haul flight!

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Leah3333
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:02 PM
2 moms liked this

I set my son on my sink area with one hand on him at all times and peed faster then ever before

TabM
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:23 PM
2 moms liked this

I would go in the airport before hand and not drink anything til I got to my destination lol I can't imagine trying to do that

Peachy34500
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Same here.. I just wouldn't go..

Quoting TabM:

I would go in the airport before hand and not drink anything til I got to my destination lol I can't imagine trying to do that

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
abra
by Abra on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:29 PM
4 moms liked this

This. There were couple time that didn't work out for me, though, I waited until the stewardess wasn't busy and asked if she minded holding baby for a second right outside the door. 

Quoting TabM:

.....Ophelia Grace...............Mira Lorne...............Jude Bennett.........Liam Daniel Baines.

bellableu87
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:35 PM
6 moms liked this
I would purchase one of those baby carries that strap to ur chest and just pee with him. In that situation I wouldn't be shy to ask a flight attendent or even someone who is sitting close to the bathroom to hold my baby. Its not like they can run off with him...but that's just me! Either I'd pee super fast
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Wow, I'm not sure what I would do either. Amazingly, I've never had to pee on an airplane. So I have no experience with bathrooms on the airplane.

jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Buy a wrap or a sling and wear your baby.

CjEmmemommy
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Wear baby, let the flight. Attendant hold him or a nice passager. Lots of people are willing to cuddle your baby for a min
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this
If you leave your jacket and only bring baby to the bathroom with you, you can hold baby and pee. I haven't gone on a plane yet, but I had to bring my son into the bathroom with me almost every time for the first few months because I couldn't leave the two kids alone together. Hold the baby with your non dominant hand and get the toilet paper in your hand before you start peeing. It's a pain in the ass, but it works. I couldn't use the baby carriers when I went to the bathroom because even as a newborn his feet would have gotten pissed on. If you can wear baby sideways (like a cradle hold) then that would work and be easier than holding the baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mahogany_mum
by New Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:40 PM

I'll be traveling long-haul so I don't think that's healthy for my bladder, but I will certainly not drink too much. Maybe one sip each hour ;)

Quoting TabM:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)