Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

How do I use the toilet on a plane when traveling with an infant alone?

Posted by   + Show Post

There's no space in those tiny toilets so I'm confused about how to use it and have a baby in there too.

This is a long-haul flight!

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Replies (51-60):
bc19
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:51 AM

I bought a baby wearer, and just that for my whole seven hour flight. It was still hard because I had a diaper bag, carry on, plus the baby but going to the bathroom was easy with my hand relatively free. It was the walking from one end of the damn Atlanta airport to the other that did me in lol.

jennie710
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:01 AM

I have done it numberous times.  If you need to you can hold the baby right in front of you woth one arm.  Most of the time the flight attendants are more than willing to watch or hold the baby for you.

Honeybee1981
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Make friends with your friendliest looking neighbor early on in the flight, so when the time comes this person will hold the baby while you go to the bathroom. I mean it's not like they can steal your baby or anything, LOL!
Mcelly
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:16 AM

There are changing tables in those little bathrooms. Ask a flight attendant, I remember it being over the toilet.

Oh, if it's just for you to pee, hold the baby in a wrap.

debramommyof4
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:38 AM

I had a snuggy and kept my dd in that then when I went to the bathroom I pulled down my pants and pushed up the snuggy (what we call the baby carrier that goes on your chest.).  It sucked but it was the easiest way.  I traveled by plane with a toddler and a 2 month old by myself.  It sucked but in the airport a child leash and my snuggy saved my life.  I could keep both close and did not have to worry about loosing either one.

skittlebeans88
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:39 AM
She sat on my lap
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mystres
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Yes the key is to go before you get on the plane.  I flew with a 4 month old solo, and it went snoothly.  she didnt een really fuss.  I made sure to have a bottle ready for her to drink at take off she she would not have the ear issue at take off.

MrS.GiFFord
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Anytime I had to switch planes I peed at the airport. I also agree about peeing with him in a baby carrier.

mamabens
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Definitely wear the baby!

BabyFruit Ticker

Salem2012
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:16 AM

I have no idea!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN