Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

How do I use the toilet on a plane when traveling with an infant alone?

Posted by   + Show Post

There's no space in those tiny toilets so I'm confused about how to use it and have a baby in there too.

This is a long-haul flight!

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Replies (61-70):
lillucky8
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Ive never used a bathroom on a plane, but can baby just sit on your knee? Thats what i do if i have to bring baby w me to the bathroom anywhere, its tricky but it can be done
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AM-BRAT
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:26 AM

I wore my baby in a moby the one and only time I flew with her. I don't remember using the bathroom though, it was a short trip.  :)

Quoting jackiewal10:

Buy a wrap or a sling and wear your baby.

chunkyhoney78
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:29 AM

I had a baby carrier that I wore him I had to change him in a tiny bathroom just my luck he pooped that was not an easy task I swear I would never fly with an infant again I would rather drive and take my time to get there if I can. As far as you peeing well I just kept him in the wrap on me and peed. FYI if you do wear him TSA will want you to take him out of the wrap or carrier or they will do a wand scan of the 2 of you they still want you to take off your shoes n babys shoes and if he is on formula they will want to test it even if its a brand new can well thats what they did with me.Good luck!

amazzonia
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:29 AM

You open the changing table or you sit the baby on the sink area, if h is little enough for a carrier, get it! Life saver. I travelled to Italy first time alone with my dd who was 10 months then, second time alone one was 15 month and my oldest 3, you can do it! And if it's not a long flight, just hold it :) 

gilbertgrl627
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:45 AM

The best advice I can give you is to go to the bathroom before you get on the plane. And change their diaper before, too. I don't know how long your flight is, but that's what I do. It's not easy to change their diapers in those tiny bathrooms. lol. I can't remember the last time I flew with just one kid, though, and had to go to the bathroom while on the plane.

zoeysannsmom
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I pee before getting on plane. Wear pants that go down easy I hold my kids and pee all the time 

erikays
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:59 AM
I would go before leaving.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mazi184
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:07 AM

I just held it, thinking I could just go when I got off the plane. That didn't work because I had to rush to my next gate across the airport lol. So next time I'd just as a flight attendent!

Marimaru
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:55 AM

If you are on a flight long enough that you can't hold it for the flight, you need to be drinking more water than that.  Flying is very dehydrating.

Quoting mahogany_mum:

I'll be traveling long-haul so I don't think that's healthy for my bladder, but I will certainly not drink too much. Maybe one sip each hour ;)

Quoting TabM:

I would go in the airport before hand and not drink anything til I got to my destination lol I can't imagine trying to do that

mahogany_mum
by New Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Thanks for reading my post. I got a lot of replies telling me to wait which is bad for a 20 hour flight. The dehydration is something I didn't think about. I just want to make sure the bebe is comfortable, but I also don't want to get ill.

Quoting Marimaru:

If you are on a flight long enough that you can't hold it for the flight, you need to be drinking more water than that.  Flying is very dehydrating.

Quoting mahogany_mum:

I'll be traveling long-haul so I don't think that's healthy for my bladder, but I will certainly not drink too much. Maybe one sip each hour ;)

Quoting TabM:

I would go in the airport before hand and not drink anything til I got to my destination lol I can't imagine trying to do that

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN