• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poopie problems

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:38 AM
  • 13 Replies
My lil girl is 7 weeks n is havin problems with constipation. Her dr said to try apple juice everyday. But now it doesnt seem to be working. She has only poopd 2 times in the past 24 hrs. Any ideas on wat to do now? Ive been tryin to stimulate her but it only seems to help at that time
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Doesn't sound like constipation.  My little guy only poops once every couple of days.  He is EBF though.  I would not give apple juice.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Jackiesmomma13
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Sorry not used to the abreviations. Ebf??? N so is it normal now for her to b like that now??
MommyofSCC
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:40 AM

ebf = exclusively breastfeed,  ff = formula feed.  My dd is formula feed  and at that point she was only pooping once a day, and for the most part still is.

babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:48 AM

That doesn't seem like a problem at all is she straining when she tries to poop?  I would be concerned that my doctor suggested apple juice at 7wks old honestly. 

Jackiesmomma13
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:19 PM
Yes she strains to poop. N lastnite she was up all nite screaming of a tummy ache
Mandamom1
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Normally if they dont poop at this age its ok, they can go a couple of days and its totally normal. My LO would poop every other day in the beginning. If your DR said to give juice I would recommend pear or prune juice instead of apple. But dilute it with a little water. If you dont want to give juice then i would rub your LOs belly just below the belly button in a circular motion. Also pump her legs like shes riding a bike any movement helps. Warm baths help as well. When she poops is it dry hard balls? Thats a sure sign of constipation. If not then she could just be gassy. Gas drops help a lot and also vibration.

Jackiesmomma13
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:28 PM
I put 1/2 ox of apple juice in her milk. N cool ill try that thnx
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Formula then? Is her poop hard and dry?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Giving a a baby that young any liquid other than breastmilk or formula is extremely dangerous, I can't believe some doctors are still recommending that...
Are her poop hard, dry, and pellet like?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jackiesmomma13
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:54 PM
No they r pretty hard bt moist n hard for her to get out. N idk i was just doin wat i was told. She has bout 4 oz of formula every 2-4 hrs
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)