Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Any advice for my baby's first cold?!?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:03 PM
  • 17 Replies

First time Mommy here, my little girl is almost four months and she has her first cold. Last nite we noticed she was congested and this morning she has a stuffy nose. She hasn't really been much fussier then normal. Should i expect more to come maybe? Other then cuddle her and comfort her, what else should i be doing for her? This is my baby's first cold and i am somewhat worried only because it's all new to me. Any advice would help, Thanks!

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:09 PM
2 moms liked this
If you're breastfeeding, squirt some milk up her nose. Also, a cool mist humidifier helps too. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crystalrbp
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this
This, but if your not breast feeding get a bulb syringe and saline drops. A couple of drops of he saline and then suction her nose out. That and the cool mist humidifier. That's pretty much all you can do.

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

If you're breastfeeding, squirt some milk up her nose. Also, a cool mist humidifier helps too. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicole2884
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this

humidifier , check temp regularly

cyork2
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this
cool mist humidifier for sure, they also make baby Vicks rub with chamomile, put some on her feet with socks. Hope she feels better, and if it gets worse I wouldn't hesitate to take her to.a doctor.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
leanntx
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Saline drops and suction her nose out, use a cool mist humidifier, and baby Vicks on her chest at night. Also, put the Vicks on her feet as well, then put socks on her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NancyD85
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Not breastfeeding but I have heard this before! Awesome what breast milk can do!

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

NancyD85
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:21 PM

I figured there's not much i can do, I will be getting her saline drops and turning our humidifier on tonite!

Quoting crystalrbp:

This, but if your not breast feeding get a bulb syringe and saline drops. A couple of drops of he saline and then suction her nose out. That and the cool mist humidifier. That's pretty much all you can do.

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

NancyD85
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:22 PM

I'm constantly feeling her little forehead! No fever at all and hoping she doesn't get one!

Quoting nicole2884:

humidifier , check temp regularly

NancyD85
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Gotta love Vicks!

Quoting cyork2:

cool mist humidifier for sure, they also make baby Vicks rub with chamomile, put some on her feet with socks. Hope she feels better, and if it gets worse I wouldn't hesitate to take her to.a doctor.

NancyD85
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Saline drops, humidifier and vicks seems to be the consensus! I will be trying these for her and hopefully her cold will go away soon!
Quoting leanntx:

Saline drops and suction her nose out, use a cool mist humidifier, and baby Vicks on her chest at night. Also, put the Vicks on her feet as well, then put socks on her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN