Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

advice please!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:12 PM
  • 18 Replies
So I recieved my dna results in the mail and found out that my sons father is in prison for meth and this last weekend my dad calls me when i was out of town saying that I got a letter in the mail from my ex and the letter said that he wants to be in his sons life once he gets out, obvisously hes been planning stuff since he actually found out thhat he has another child...but hes going to miss a year and a half of our sons life....the question is what should I do....ibwant him to be in his child life and want him to see his child...but is it wrong for me to say to my ex if he doesnt pay child support or dont have a job and if he doesn't stay off the drugs he wont be able to see our son? We have court next month....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cowgirls10181
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:16 PM
I was told refusal of a parent to see a child without paying child support is basically the same as selling your childs time. Heres a bump
abra
by Abra on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this

That seems fair. His involvment in your son's life should be contingent on how responsible he is behaving. I would probably want to set up a routine drug test plus child support, of course, and that kind of thing. 

abra
by Abra on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Not really. Because offering financial help is the easiest part of being a responsible parent. If someone can't be trusted to do that, they really won't be able to be responsible in the child's character development. 

Quoting cowgirls10181:

I was told refusal of a parent to see a child without paying child support is basically the same as selling your childs time. Heres a bump

.....Ophelia Grace...............Mira Lorne...............Jude Bennett.........Liam Daniel Baines.

angela.bouchard
by Angela on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:37 PM

I agree with this. If you went through the court system I'm almost positive that his involvement with your son would be dependent on his staying clean. 

Quoting abra:

That seems fair. His involvment in your son's life should be contingent on how responsible he is behaving. I would probably want to set up a routine drug test plus child support, of course, and that kind of thing. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

“So, I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.” 

lauratupper
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Quoting angela.bouchard:

I agree with this. If you went through the court system I'm almost positive that his involvement with your son would be dependent on his staying clean. 

Quoting abra:

Supermomof3boy
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this
He should pay child support have a job and should be completely off drugs and living a healthy lifestyle before he is allowed to be around your son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pittymama
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:47 PM

i agree

Quoting Supermomof3boy:

He should pay child support have a job and should be completely off drugs and living a healthy lifestyle before he is allowed to be around your son.

momof3sc2012
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:30 PM
I have went through something like this with my daughter and her father I wouldn't let him see the child till he can clean up his life a bit if he is in prison for meth then I surely wouldn't want my child around that kind of environment and since he help make the child I don't think it would be bad to ask for child support and if he really wants to be in the child's life he will want to clean up his life and try to get a job , well that is my opinion on it . Hope things work out with whatever you choose to do :)
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Good luck in court

teenmom2012164
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Thats what I planned on doing..,

Quoting Supermomof3boy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)