Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Bathing

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:27 PM
  • 15 Replies

storkI'm interested to know about Baby Bathing.  What types of tubs and what baby wash are you using for a Newborn?  How often do you give baths?

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pittymama
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:06 PM

i used a cheap blue baby tub that had a newborn sling. she got baths every night after she was 6 weeks old and her stump fell off. she had this thing we called "the witching hour" where she howled for 3 hours between 5pm-8pm for no reason (she was fed, changed, snuggled, not sick or anything) and the bath calmed her every time. she still gets baths every night, it's part of her bedtime routine and she's 10 months old.

pittymama
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Peachy34500
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:10 PM
I used a tub with a sling as well.. he gets a bath every night and his since he lost his cord..I use Johnsons bed time bath wash or aveeno calming for dry skin
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
---terrah---
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Honestly, we never did the baby bath tub. We just held our LO in our arms and washed him off that way. I think our LOs felt more secure being held rather than laying in a baby tub on their own.

As far as what soaps, we use Dove unscented....we just make sure that we don't get it in LOs eyes. My mom's dermatologist said that Dove is the best soap that there is and recommends it for everyone...including babies. Of course we use no-tear shampoo for our LOs hair. I really like Aveeno. I also like Suave shampoo & conditioner in one.

We try not to do too many baths per week because it can dry out skin. So we aim for every other day unless our LOs get really dirty.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:58 PM

I used a little baby tub and burt's bees soap

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:59 PM

As for bath's, I did once a week as a newborn and then every 2 days as they get a little older

kbutton24
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:00 PM

We use a baby tub and everyday Shea shampoo & body wash. It's fair trade and super gentile :)

YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:10 PM
No special tubs, no baby wash or any kind of wash (I don't use shampoo or anything else except water on my children until they are at least a year old), and I bathe my newborns about twice a week. Less if baby has dry skin.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EricaND
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this

The simplest baby bath tub, ever and I use Johnsons baby bath. MaKenna gets a bath every other day.

Raeann11
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Baby baths with me till they are old enough to sit up on there own.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)