Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do I

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:43 PM
  • 10 Replies
How do I take a bath with my newborn without her getting cold? Shes refusing to eat and I want to see if bath will help.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lauratupper
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:15 PM

I didn't bathe with my ds until he was able to sit up on his own. Until then I bathed him in a little newborn tub. Bump!

mama-smurf
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:30 PM
I never did either but I heard bath skin to skin helps, im trying everything besides formula, ro get her to nurse. She was eating just fine befofe.

Quoting lauratupper:

I didn't bathe with my ds until he was able to sit up on his own. Until then I bathed him in a little newborn tub. Bump!

la_bella_vita
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:00 PM

I would get in the bath and hold her.  I don't normally bath with my children though.

Ptitchou
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:13 PM
A space heater helps. And a washcloth you can place in her and refresh the warm. We do those and have no chilly children.
mama-smurf
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Me either. Only reason why i asked is because my 9 week old was refusing to eat. It's bout 6 hrs. I finally got her to eat. I think she's teething. Not sure., my other kids were fine with teething. Never cried.

Quoting la_bella_vita:

I would get in the bath and hold her.  I don't normally bath with my children though.

Amberleigh81
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Take a towel in the bath with you can drape it over baby's back... every once in a while, splash some water on the towel.
Zazayam
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Just bring a big wash cloth in there with you and hold her up against you, swish the cloth around so it's warm and wet and cover her up with it. Keep swishing it when it cools off.

Good luck :)

babygomez
by April on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:34 AM
I've never done that, but maybe try sitting as close as you can to the faucet and gently splash her with the warm water, often.
erikays
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:41 AM
I never did but I would lay the warm washcloth on them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicaaris
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:44 AM

I am not sure, I never bathed with my kids. Bump.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)