Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Breastfeeding

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:04 AM
  • 10 Replies
Im currwntlt breastfeeding but just noticed my left boob is a cup bigger then my right n producing alot more then my right how can I even them,out is it normal????
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SaraSnider
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:30 AM
idk how is best but i nurse more from my right(smaller less producer)to help. still a diffrence but not as bad as it was
Ptitchou
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:38 AM
It's very normal to have a side that outproduces the other. You can try to nurse more on the side that produces less. It may or may not help. ;). Lots of lopsided women walking around;) makes bra shopping fun.
emkirkley
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:23 AM

you can try to always start on the smaller side to increase it's production, but make sure you are draining the other side frequently enough as well...or maybe start on the smaller side two times in a row and then the third feeding start the fuller side...it's not uncommon for you to be 1/2 to a full cup larger on one side than the other anyway, it just becomes more noticeable when they are full of milk.

Raeann11
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:33 AM

I always had one bigger then the other. So when I was breastfeeding it was more noticeable.

cabrandy03
by Brandy on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:56 PM

It's pretty normal to have one breast that produces more then the other.  I did when dd was younger but they seemed to even themselves out after a few months.  If it bothers you, try nursing on the smaller side more frequently to build supply on that side.

Marimaru
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Start on the smaller side for a while.  That happened to me when my daughter was sick and had a favorite side she always wanted.  Fortunately no one else around me noticed, lol.

Zazayam
by Nicki on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:44 PM

It's normal to have one make more then the other, my right side is about a cup bigger now. Try nursing more on the smaller side but don't be upset if it doesn't even out completely.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:56 PM

It's normal

lauratupper
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:20 PM

completely normal. my left always produced more as well.

mommyhonu
by Mary on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:30 PM

I had the same problem! All 3 times when I breastfed my keiki. Sounds totally normal to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)