Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

I think my baby is sick...

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:09 PM
  • 8 Replies

Well, I know she is. She has an AWFUL stuffy/runny nose. I feel like I am sucking out bucketfuls. And she hates it! When she nurses and sleeps especially, her breathing sounds so cruddy and loud! I worry that she can't breathe sounding like that...
On top of that, she has been spitting up thick white milk(I am guessing) consistently throughout the day. Normally she may spit up once or not even at all each day. I have cleaned up about 5 or 6 spit up messes, just this morning. She has been napping and cuddled up to me now.
She is not too fussy, just clingy. No fever, but her doctor told me to try infant Zyrtec. I got her some, but am still worrying. She is my first!

And on another note, she has a red spot on her left eye and it has been watering... Here is a photo..

:( Should I take her to the hospital?? She is 6 months.. 

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
brittney28
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:12 PM
My dd had that too, the thick white spit up is snot mixed with milk. The snot runs down the back of her throat which can also give her a sore throat. My ped told me to do Benadryl and it worked great! Use a vaporizer and keep suctioning. Good luck! I know it's miserable!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IrishIz
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like a cold...why would you take her to a hospital?  

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:44 PM

I hope your DD is feeling better!

robibuni
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Don't take her into the hospital. If she has no fever, there's really no point.

It sounds like a cold. I would use a cool mist humidifier, some baby vapor rub, suction everything out of her nose, and lots of cuddles.

SweetEvangeline
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:55 PM

It seems as if it's only getting worse. She has been spitting up all over everything! When I picked her up from daycare, they even said that she would not stop spitting up. She still has a mild runny nose, no fever, and  starting to get kind of fussy...
She is breastfed and 2 days ago at daycare she ran out of milk, so they gave her a bottle of formula. She's never had it and I am wondering if this is a reaction maybe... 

Quoting la_bella_vita:

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Has she been to the doctor?

Quoting SweetEvangeline:

It seems as if it's only getting worse. She has been spitting up all over everything! When I picked her up from daycare, they even said that she would not stop spitting up. She still has a mild runny nose, no fever, and  starting to get kind of fussy...
She is breastfed and 2 days ago at daycare she ran out of milk, so they gave her a bottle of formula. She's never had it and I am wondering if this is a reaction maybe... 

Quoting la_bella_vita:

SweetEvangeline
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:59 PM

No. I called and they told me to give her Zyrtec through the weekend and call Monday for an appointment if she is not better. This is her 2nd day of the Zyrtec.

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Quoting SweetEvangeline:

Quoting la_bella_vita:

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:44 PM

I hope it helps!!

Quoting SweetEvangeline:

No. I called and they told me to give her Zyrtec through the weekend and call Monday for an appointment if she is not better. This is her 2nd day of the Zyrtec.

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Quoting SweetEvangeline:

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN