Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

please read if you have had an epidural..

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:07 PM
  • 97 Replies

does your back hurt you? OMG MINE DOES SO BAD I  cant even stand long enough to do dishes barely give my kid a bath i LITERALLY cant do anything it hurts so bad if i sit down on the couch and change my kids diaper im like omg help!!! like hoinest to go anyhting and everything i do hurts so bad and its not like a dull pain its like sharp burning im gonna die if i dont lay down pain! nothing helpd CT scan came back ok doc wants me to just eat pain pills forever and i dont  want to to thjat!

does this happen to u? what do u do?... oh my son is almost 7 months

could me carrying around extra weight have anyhitng to do with it? im up still about 40-45 lbs ;(

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Nerve damage and back pain are a very common result of epidurals. Hopefully it'll go away for you in time!

lismore
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Yes my back hurt for a while after my ds. I couldn't stand for long periods or it would kill me. It eventually went away though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DragonMother10
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:22 PM
I didn't really notice, I was in so much pain after having an emergency c-section that I didn't pay attention to my back. But once I healed from that, I felt no back pain. The anesthesiologist I had was awesome! Hope to have him again.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pinkiebabii
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:24 PM
The only side effect I had was guilt and depression from it. I'm actually the only person I know that doesn't have back pain from it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by Abra on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:24 PM
guilt?

Quoting pinkiebabii:

The only side effect I had was guilt and depression from it. I'm actually the only person I know that doesn't have back pain from it.
abra
by Abra on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:25 PM
I had one with my fourth and it went beautifully! No complications, pain or negative side effects at all!
ProudMommaBear
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:25 PM

did you just have your baby? i had the SAME problem and thought I had an infectin, went to the ER and found out i had a SEVERE bladder infection from the cathetor they have to use when you get an epidural. Thats what causes all your back pain.  They gave me medicine for it and I felt amazing the next day :) Go get that checked out.  I didn't even know I had a abladder infection and they treat bladder infections when you have 10-20 white bloode cells in your urine, i had over 100! 

mama2my2boys
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:26 PM
and this is exactly why one shouldnt get a epidural....my first baby took 6 hours second took 16 hours thrid took 8 hours and after i had them the pain i was in went away and no side effects! women need to educate them selfs on epidurals before geting one.....hope you feel better soon mama...oh and btw my 16 hour labor was with pitocin worst pain in my life i wanted to die didnt care at that point of i did but i refused the epidural....and when he came out pain was gone...didnt even take the pain meds they kept trying to give me after having him.....mind over matter.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudMommaBear
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:26 PM

woops didnt see that your son was 7months old lol

mama2my2boys
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:28 PM
i think she said her son is 7months....

Quoting ProudMommaBear:

did you just have your baby? i had the SAME problem and thought I had an infectin, went to the ER and found out i had a SEVERE bladder infection from the cathetor they have to use when you get an epidural. Thats what causes all your back pain.  They gave me medicine for it and I felt amazing the next day :) Go get that checked out.  I didn't even know I had a abladder infection and they treat bladder infections when you have 10-20 white bloode cells in your urine, i had over 100! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)