Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

please read if you have had an epidural..

Posted by   + Show Post

does your back hurt you? OMG MINE DOES SO BAD I  cant even stand long enough to do dishes barely give my kid a bath i LITERALLY cant do anything it hurts so bad if i sit down on the couch and change my kids diaper im like omg help!!! like hoinest to go anyhting and everything i do hurts so bad and its not like a dull pain its like sharp burning im gonna die if i dont lay down pain! nothing helpd CT scan came back ok doc wants me to just eat pain pills forever and i dont  want to to thjat!

does this happen to u? what do u do?... oh my son is almost 7 months

could me carrying around extra weight have anyhitng to do with it? im up still about 40-45 lbs ;(

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Replies (91-97):
PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Nope, I didn't have any problems afterwards.  Sounds like nerve pain.  Ask for Lyrica or gabapatin. Gabapatin will be cheaper since it's generic.  There is no generic for lyrica yet.

kelmia2
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Yep!! I have had 2 CS and with both I had an epidural. Back pain started after the first one but got better with time then 4 1/2 years later i had my son and now i have trouble standing straight when i first stand up !! I have to bend over slightly and that started the moment I got out of bed from the cs- he is almost 6months old!! I think extra weight doesn't help.. I find doing leg raises (lying on back and lifting legs up straight x20) in the morning helps strengthen my lower back. i think my back will never be the same again!!!!

gemgirl0385
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:52 PM

yea my back hurts a lot too my ds is almost a yr it hurt b4 because i'm top heavy but ever since i had him it hurts to stand for too long

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
OmahaCouponMama
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:44 AM

I have had 2 eppys and have no more problems then what I had before.

twiztidmommy84
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:11 PM
I s till have the spot that bleeds. I get back back spasms too I just deal with it its been 10 years
mjunieb
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:12 PM

I had 2 epidurals. The first on was perfect-my OB/GYN got tired of waiting on the other dr. and put it in himself. The second didn't really work until after I was out of the OR. I felt mild pain, but didn't really hurt. My problem was fear that it might wear off real fast while they were sewing up the layers. I, also, had no feeling in my legs and severe shakes for longer than the meds should have stayed in my system afterwards and I had a sore spot on my back that I still find tender after 28 years where the needle went in.

However, I would do it again any day to be awake, I was lucky I remembered anything for the 1st 12+ hours after my first C-section. At least I was awake and knew what was happening after the last 2.

Your back pain seems severe. Treat it like a strained back: heat and ice treatments. I have a bad body, ankles, knees, hips, lower back, upper back and neck. I was treated with heat to get me started during the day and ice to cut the pain and swelling later in the day. I've been told to try both to see which one works the best on other pains, too. Good luck.

expectantmom81
by Erin on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:23 PM
I had that after my first and after 4 years with the pain I went to a chiropractor and after two adjustments all of the pain was gone. Things move when you are prego and don't always go back into place.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN