Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

I did it! It really does work!

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:43 PM
  • 16 Replies
2 moms liked this
I finally got our son to fall asleep in his crib without being in the room! I never thought this day would come, he's even sleeping through the night!

You wouldn't believe it, the screaming and thrashing baby from 6 months ago, crying in his crib for me to pick him up, it's the same little angel lying peacefully now.

You know how they're always saying just keep moving towards the door each night until you're outside of the room atfer laying them down when they fall asleep? That's all I did. It actually works. No more screaming, I didn't have to let him cry it out, just love and patience.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Femommy
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:08 PM
That is awesome.... I held my little guy for nearly 13 months for him to go to sleep. Finally I just started giving him a bed time and putting him to bed. It just takes patients. He did better then I expected. Now that I've changed his crib to a toddler bed it's a little harder. He's only 17 months but he's a big boy. Broke my heart the first night because I thought he would fall off bed. He did good though. Now my challage is nap time. Getting him to stay in bed. :(
RedheadMama18
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:34 PM

That's great!

bad_mama2011
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Yeah, I was so busy patting myself on the back there I didn't even think about when he'll be in a toddler bed. My oldest is 8 and he slept with me until he was 3 and a half, but when I moved into my sister's her husband put his foot down and he never gave me any trouble after that.
All he said was, "Here's your bed, here's a night light, it's bed time." I guess all he needed was that fatherly figure since his dad was never around.

Quoting Femommy:

That is awesome.... I held my little guy for nearly 13 months for him to go to sleep. Finally I just started giving him a bed time and putting him to bed. It just takes patients. He did better then I expected. Now that I've changed his crib to a toddler bed it's a little harder. He's only 17 months but he's a big boy. Broke my heart the first night because I thought he would fall off bed. He did good though. Now my challage is nap time. Getting him to stay in bed. :(

loisl25
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Wow! Congrats! So jealous!
gigis1
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:44 PM

yay! i cant remember how i did it with dd but I know it took a while for her to fall aslee on her own too. Thankfully ds is nothing like that! It's exhausting so congrats

mommy06and09
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:54 PM
congrats! i highly recommend that method even though it has never worked well for me lol. oh well my kids are spoiled little angels lol. i put my dont down on so many other things and LOVE cosleeping so i let them stay with me, although there are many nights i wish they would sleep in there own beds before 2 years :) i co sleep til they self wean from nursing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bad_mama2011
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:55 PM
I used to stand next to his crib and cry because he wouldn't sleep, I was exhausted because I was working at the time, and I had no idea how to get him to fall asleep on his own.
I took a video of him with my phone one time, I was going to post it on here, he was screaming like a demonchild and thrashing around in his crib and he could keep that up for what seemed like forever.
I just didn't give up, I kept laying him back down and talking to him, stroking his hair, until he FINALLY calmed down and went to sleep. The first night was the hardest, but as soon as he realized I wasn't going to budge he gave up his tantrums.

Quoting loisl25:

Wow! Congrats! So jealous!

bad_mama2011
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:59 PM
I nursed him until he was 10 months, he wouldn't nurse anymore because I got pregnant, and I would try to get him to fall asleep in his own bed and give up after a while. When he was a year old, I had enough, he wasn't nursing and he had no reason to be in the bed with us abymore. Plus, I wasn't having two babies in bed with us and I knew I had to break him before the next one came. Good luck with yours, I never had luck with self weaning.

Quoting mommy06and09:

congrats! i highly recommend that method even though it has never worked well for me lol. oh well my kids are spoiled little angels lol. i put my dont down on so many other things and LOVE cosleeping so i let them stay with me, although there are many nights i wish they would sleep in there own beds before 2 years :) i co sleep til they self wean from nursing.

lauratupper
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:19 AM

yay!

gorgeousbaby
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:45 AM

Oh I'm jeleous how did you do that? I have to sleep with my kid to get him to bed!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN